Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 2/5/2006 6:39:18 PM EDT
Ok, here's my situation...  I have two guns built on Hesse receivers - one is a AK-74 clone with Bulgarian parts and the other is a RPK clone with parts of an unknown origin.  Of the two only one actually works - the RPK.  I don't use it and I want to get rid of it because it is taking up space in the safe.  Anyone have an idea what I could sell it for?  $400?  I know it is a Hesse but it actually works!!!  I guess that sort of makes it "rare" or "one of a kind."

The AK-74 clone is something I can't sell in good faith because I've never seen a gun jam like this one before - empty cases would actually end up in with FCG!  I knew I was in for it when I got it and the 7.62x39 was scratched out and 5.45x39mm was crudely electro-penciled in.  I'm thinking it might best be used as a boat anchor...

Spooky
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 6:47:18 PM EDT
[#1]
you might get more if you destory the receiver and salvage the parts to sell them as parts kits.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 7:03:00 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
you might get more if you destory the receiver and salvage the parts to sell them as parts kits.

I've thought about that too - I think that is the way I'm going to go with the AK74 clone - is there any process to getting rid of the receiver?  I think smashing it until it is flat would work but are there any legal hurdles I need to jump through?

Spooky
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 7:31:46 PM EDT
[#3]
'Spooky130':

Your AK74 rifle receiver's ejector (located as part of the left lower rail) may be causing the ejection issues. If the ejector is too short, spent cases could end up inside the receiver and not kicked out.
If extra length is needed, you could have a decent welder add some bead at the leading edge of the ejector and then grind/shape to correct length.

Harlan
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 8:36:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 9:38:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Look at this POS.

gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=43114990

Nice front trunnion rivets.

Cut it up and sell it as parts. I couldnt sell a pile of shit like that to anyone and sleep at night.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 9:38:24 PM EDT
[#6]
I would buy the whole gun for parts or a challange lol
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 9:40:32 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Look at this POS.

gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=43114990

Nice front trunnion rivets.

Cut it up and sell it as parts. I couldnt sell a pile of shit like that to anyone and sleep at night.

"The receiver is a Hesse and this gun looks professionally assembled. The receiver is incorrectly marked 7.62 X 39. Gun looks like new. "

Link Posted: 2/5/2006 10:00:13 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I've thought about that too - I think that is the way I'm going to go with the AK74 clone - is there any process to getting rid of the receiver?  I think smashing it until it is flat would work but are there any legal hurdles I need to jump through?

Spooky

Saw or torch cut it into 3 pieces.
That is what they do to the MG recievers when they import AKs.
Honestly, I think you can get more money from the kits then as complete weapons.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 10:38:26 PM EDT
[#9]
"Hessee" and "Professional" go together like "Welfare Recipient" and "Job Application!"
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top