Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 3/4/2006 10:00:07 AM EDT
During my attempt to blind pin my muzzle brake, I accidentaly drilled a small hole in the barrel. Will this reduce accuracy significantly, and I shuold attepmt to cover it up. It is about 3/4 inch from crown of the muzzle (not muzzlebrake) Is this dangerous to shoot!? How should I cover it up? Needless to say my second attempt drilling at a different location was more successful.
Please help! thanks guys.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 3:29:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/4/2006 3:39:06 PM EDT by RodMI]
If hole is too big it could be a problem but don't mess with repairing it unless you must. It will most likely make it worse unless you cut the barrel back. I would just shoot it after all you have a hole where the gas block is and lots of rifles have factory-ported barrels. The lose of presser wont be significant.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 3:31:16 PM EDT
Shoot it and see. I don't see any problem from a safety standpoint. It may do something to the accuracy, but since this is an AK we are talking about, it may improve accuracy!
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 5:55:45 PM EDT
OK I went out and shot 150 rounds or so, and it seems just as accurate. It might have actually reduce muzzle climb even more!lol BTW I shot both Uly and wolf ammo and Uly is definately more accurate. Thanks for replies.
Top Top