Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 6/24/2013 8:32:27 PM EDT
Hi,  I bought several virgin barrel trunnions a few years ago for both the Romanian AKM and the Romanian version of the AK-74...  Also, throw in a couple of Bulgarian AK-74 trunnions as well into the mix.

Over the last ten years, both my AKM and AK-74 parts bins have been merged into a huge pile of parts, in one huge confusing parts bin.  Anyway, I'm now planning on building a "Polish" AKM, with a mix of some U.S. and Romanian part, which I'm hoping to use both a virgin Romanian barrel and unmarked Romanian barrel trunnion.

The problem I'm having is that I can't figure out which barrel trunnion is for the AKM.  If possible could somebody post a photo of an AKM and AK-74 barrel trunnion so I can figure this mess...  Once I can figure out this mess, I'm going to start to tag all my parts.

Thanks for any help!!
Link Posted: 6/25/2013 5:28:40 AM EDT
[#1]
Google Images for AK74 Front Trunnions

Google Images for AK47 Front Trunnions

The 7.62 barrel you have should only fit the AK47 trunnion.  You could measure them with a caliper to find its mate.  The 74 trunnion is likely 22mm and the 47 trunnion is likely 23mm.
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top