Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 2/5/2006 8:05:52 PM EDT
I learned alot here after bought my Hungarian AKM (had compliance and SBR issues). Figured I'd ask those here with the knowledge what way to go. Taking into account desirability, functionality and mag availability. Oh yeah ammo availability also. Is the SLR 105 a good choice?
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 8:23:24 PM EDT
[#1]
I bought a SLR-105A1R and love it. It's the only true AK-74, we've had available to us.

All the mags work, no matter the country who made them. They're just as cheap and plentiful as the 7.62x39 mags. There's Bulgarian, East German, Polish, Romanian and Russian. Russian mags are more expensive compared to the others.

Ammo choices are limited basically to Wolf and Barnaul FMJ.

Link Posted: 2/6/2006 4:55:17 PM EDT
[#2]
I seriously doubt that anyone will say something bad about the 105. Very few rifles recieve as much praise as the 105, especially on this site. Only downside is the Bulgie paint on it; the finish is pretty crappy and will come off easily, so you may want to refinish it. Ammo availability has been a pain lately, but the more seasoned owners on this site assure me that this will improve.

If you want a 105, now is the time. They aren't being produced anymore and if you're looking for a new one (before the price skyrockets), you need to act quickly. Start looking at the EE, that may be your best shot. Ask around the site, and hope you get lucky. Super cool rifle man........
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 5:00:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Hopefully the ammo shortage of 5.45x39 will improve or I will be selling one or two of the 3 rifles I have in this caliber.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top