Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 12/14/2003 7:14:21 AM EDT
On my Yugo 59/66 sometimes after I load 10 rnds into the rifle with A stripper clip, The first round out of the mag seems to catch on the breach face or the feed ramp or something.
It's like the bolt flies home and insead of the round coming "Up and into the breech" it just goes straight forward and rams into the breech face.
Do I need to polish the ramp or adjust the feed lips or something?
Thanks.
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 7:20:49 AM EDT
[#1]
It would be hard to tell without looking first hand or knowing what type of amm you are using, but this sounds like a feed lip issue.  I have not experienced this myself.  Perhaps speaking with a knowledgeable smith in your area.  If you are close enough call redstar.  They might be able to offer some better advise.
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 10:47:50 AM EDT
[#2]
Sometimes the follower can be bent or pushed to one side within the mag.  Check to see that it is centered, and if not, it can easily be adjusted by bending it slightly.  If it works with 9 rounds, and not 10, this could be the problem.  Been there myself.
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 5:11:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Just on a side note has anyone else noticed that the Yugo will hold 11 rounds in the mag?
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 6:57:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks plateshooter.
After I deal with the first round in the mag (Either by guiding it in or discarding it) it runs like A mac truck.
I think you might be on to something.
I'll have A look at it.
No I have never tried to get 11 rounds into the mag...Seems like you could break it by doing that.
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 7:55:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Actually the 11th round goes into mine quite easily.
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 4:58:30 AM EDT
[#6]
Well I guess i'll have to try that to.
Kinda funny tho...All these sks rifles came into the country with "hi cap" mags.
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 12:19:47 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Actually the 11th round goes into mine quite easily.

But only with the bolt locked back.  There's not enuff space left in the mag to close the bolt on an empty chamber & have 11 rnds in the mag.
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 7:34:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Hey plateshooter thank you for the info the problem seems to be fixed now (won't really know untill I get ti to the range.)
The Follower was ever so slightly bent to the right, Got it as straight as I could and it as yet to catch up on the 1'st round.
Also it is quite easy to get 11 rounds in the mag.
Thanks again all.
Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top