Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 4/10/2018 1:22:38 PM EDT
Looking at buying an original pre-89 Galil ARM .308 or an Ace .308. Any thoughts or comments relating to quality, reliability, accuracy, etc.?

Bonus for cold weather experience. I may be moving to a very cold climate soon and am considering this for a under-the-back-seat ("trunk") rifle.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 4/10/2018 7:25:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/10/2018 9:13:06 PM EDT by victor71]
Cannot speak to the ARM (always wanted one) but the Ace is a great rifle, ugly but great. It’s over gassed and chows anything I have fed it. It has a tendency to dent brass. Shoots consistent 2-2.5 MOA or better with NATO ball. I have not had a chance to shoot 155s or 168s for group yet. Some T&E articles have shown it to be a steady 1 MOA or better rifle with match grade ammo. I love mine.

ETA- the fact it uses SR25 pattern mags is a plus and it is built like a tank, not sure how well it suppresses but we shall see.
Link Posted: 4/12/2018 7:34:22 PM EDT
OP, the pre '89 Galil is a $3k gun. I would have a hard time writing that off as a loss in the event of theft.
Link Posted: 4/13/2018 7:43:15 AM EDT
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By primuspilum:
OP, the pre '89 Galil is a $3k gun. I would have a hard time writing that off as a loss in the event of theft.
View Quote
It'd stink, but I've spent more on unworthy women.
Top Top