Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 2/18/2006 5:29:14 AM EDT
I just got my drill press setup and ready to do some more rivet drilling.  The only thing is I have an extra damn piece.  It's about 6" long and about 1.5" wide.  It's just a piece of metal with a hole in one end.  It gradually slopes from a rounded "point" to 1.5" wide.

What the heck is it and where does it go?  It's not even shown in the parts diagram.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 5:44:48 AM EDT
It is a tapered tool used to remove the drill chuck from the spindle of the press.  You place it between the top of the head of the chuck and tap it with a wood/leather/rubber/dead blow hammer and the spindle drops out.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 8:12:35 AM EDT
Top Top