Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 12/13/2003 3:26:52 PM EDT
It worked fine the first three mags, then started short cycling, double feeding and failing to feed!

Fired a total of eight 30rd mags through the rifle.

Very frustrating.

Can it be the mags causing the problem?

I was shooting Wolfe FMJ, but this stuff works fine in every SAR-1 & MAADI that we shoot it through.

The first three mags worked fine & then it got hot and started Malfunctioning.

I took photos again & will post when I receive them.

Link Posted: 12/13/2003 3:30:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Welcome to what seems to be the growing club of global trades ak's that work for crap. I remember someone else here had a problem like this Global Trades told them that the magazine release lever was pressing the mag to high up into the gun if i remember correctly.
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 3:49:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Ya know, this is my question:  The villagers in Pakistan and Afghanistan made these in theiir huts, why can't americans make a rifle that is as reliable?
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 4:16:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 4:36:04 PM EDT
[#4]
After the first 3 mags,did you re-try the same mags that worked previously?If so,did they work when the rifle heated up or did you continue to have malfunctions?If it failed while using mags that previously worked fine then your problem may be a restricted gas port oor faulty piston.
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 10:08:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Well suprise suprise!  An AK from Global that doesn't work initially then after one or two send backs it still fails to work?  Who would of thought?  Do yourself a favor and send that rifle back and get your money back.  It's not your mags.  I thought the same thing until I tested mine out in a friends SAM-7.  Like I said before you are having the exact same problems I had with my SSR-56.  People warned me about getting an AK that was made from using parts from several different countries but I didn't listen.  Global is a shitty company that producing shitty rifles.  Dipshit Ron told me that I was too demanding of a customer when I talked to him on the phone after sending my rifle back the second time.  He said I wanted a Swiss watch and that no AK anywhere could run like a Swiss watch.  Get rid of that rifle and never do business with Global again.  
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 10:56:08 PM EDT
[#6]
OK, here are my requirements:

1.  AR-15:  Reliable & ACCURATE

2.  AK:  RELIABLE, RELIABLE, go BANG EVERY TIME I pull the trigger and be able to hit a human torso at 200M everytime.  That is supposedly what these are meant to be.  RIGHT?

I am going to put 300 additional rounds through it tomorrow.  Maybe 500 if I have time.

I'll check the mags out.  I pulled the last two that I had problems with.

Link Posted: 12/14/2003 1:15:52 AM EDT
[#7]
And to think I was gettin all excited about those new 1.6mm receivers.......
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 7:55:05 AM EDT
[#8]
One question:  Will this rifle loosen up and "break in"?
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 6:44:45 PM EDT
[#9]
Generally no break in period for an AK.
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 8:31:17 PM EDT
[#10]
How come I expected that would be the answer!

I did not get to shoot it today so tomorrow afternoon after work will the time.

If it doesn't worK . . . . .
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top