Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 3/26/2006 12:13:45 PM EDT
Just got a special notice that the staff at Guns Network is, and I quote...."decided in the best interests of the members and the Guns Network community to sever all ties with Joeken Firearms and close the books on Joe Cox.

Several reasons sited....but most importantly this....."Mick and I feel from many years in running Guns Network that Joeken maybe facing some serious financial and unethical business practices which could get him in trouble with the Feds and maybe the BATFE.  I do not want ANY MORE MEMBERS buying ANYTHING ELSE from Joe Cox and/or Joeken Firearms.  If you have trusted us over the years then please trust us even more now.

Also,    "Now on to the good news *** Arms of America *** which is owned by Andrew former employee of Joeken Firearms.

Andrew picked up Ewbanks Manufacturing and with a business plan at hand and the honesty and integrating he is known by."

Is this the beginning of the end for Joe Cox and Joken Arms???

What say you....Arfkomers????
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 12:23:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Awwww, geeeee.....{sniff}
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 12:30:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Anyone who rallies behind an internet site for stuff like that is an idiot.

I mean, really!  If the site owners don't like a guy or his products, so be it.

But to issue an edict... <Bugs Bunny> What a maroon! </shoulda made that left at Albaquerque>
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 12:46:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Bah.

Allow me to translate:

Andrew fucked over Joe, and has come to the SEAL Team 6 management here at GunsNet, and offered to pay us more than JoeKen was paying, if we bash JoeKen.

So, fuck JoeKen.

If you've trusted us in the past, like when we advocated simply grabbing your ankles when The Gooch rammed you from behind, then, please, by all means, drink some more Kool-Aid, and trust us now - we know what we're talking about!

DThor is a waterhead.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 12:51:46 PM EDT
[#4]
For what it's worth, the lies have already begun:

Andrew doesn't own Ewbank manufacturing.  He didn't "pick up" anything.

That's still owned by the Ken of JoeKen.  Ken also still owns JoeKen.

Arms of America is some business that Andrew appears to be opening with his brother or father, Michael, who's the actual owner of the business.

ETA:  After further consideration, this seems to reak strongly of Special Weapons business practices - i.e. Special Weapons, Top Notch, Tactical Weapons, etc.

Business and reputation under the JoeKen name has gotten bad, so now they're spinning off this company.

JoeKen/Ewbanks will start selling all their stuff to Arms of America, which has a "clean" reputation, as vouched for by those icons of honor and dignity, the staff at GunsNet.

I'd be willing to put $10 on it.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 12:56:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 2:34:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Both parties are disreputable... who cares what one posts about another?
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 2:50:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Gosh, what ever happened to Gary "The Gooch" Guccionia? I'm still waiting for my 5.45 Krink kit and $550 I sent in 1999. Damn, I think "goonsnet.com" gots aliddled problemo, ya think? If you folks want to continue to watch Dave Thornton and his minions, do it for education.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 4:46:02 PM EDT
[#8]
What a hoot....I knew I could count on my brothers at Arfkom to sort through all the B.S. and come out the other side with a free mind.

It was always my impression that Joe Cox and Ken Ewbanks were the owners.

At any rate they are all joined at the hip somewhere in the American Southwest desert.

Thanks for the candid commentary. What fun.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 4:50:44 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Bah.

Allow me to translate:

Andrew fucked over Joe, and has come to the SEAL Team 6 management here at GunsNet, and offered to pay us more than JoeKen was paying, if we bash JoeKen.

So, fuck JoeKen.

If you've trusted us in the past, like when we advocated simply grabbing your ankles when The Gooch rammed you from behind, then, please, by all means, drink some more Kool-Aid, and trust us now - we know what we're talking about!

DThor is a waterhead.

Fuck Yeah.

Where were they when the fucking inquisition, and Integrity Holocaust was going on?

Now we are supposed to help them, when they wouldn't back us against JOEKEN.

FUCK YOU GoonsNet!
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 6:08:33 PM EDT
[#10]
*Note this is Andrew posting on Michaels account*
Dear AR15.com members and staff,

I know there is going to be a huge hate campaign launched against me/ArmsofAmerica in the next few days due to the Gunsnet letter that went out “Stating I will be advertising with them”.  I just wanted to send the facts to you before all the drama starts.  I came to the decision back in May.2005 that I would not go through with becoming an owner of Joeken Firearms.  I loaned a big chunk of money to Joeken Firearms but never went through with the deal to become an owner like I originally planned to.  I stayed until early December to try to recover as much as I could of what I worked my ass off to earn but eventually called it quits.  If anyone should have hard feelings over the Joeken thing it should be me but I've been through enough over the past few years that I shouldn't let this get to me.  I’m only 22 (23 next month) but I’m enough of a man to take responsibility for my actions and the mistakes I made.  As you can see from the corporate information listed for Joeken and the FFL (if you ever received an ffl item in from Joeken) I was never listed and never became an owner.  I started buying kits on my own early fall so I could continue doing what I enjoy while I went back to school and finished my degree.  Well after a 24 month straight deployment with the army and 2 years at Joeken it was hard adjusting back to being a student so I dropped classes at nau 3 weeks into the semester and put in for an FFL (07,08) with my cousin Michael who was in the Army Guard going to school at the time.  We have a few acres of property in a rural area of Flagstaff so I decided to lay some sea containers down (fill them with kits) and hopefully setup my own contacts overseas to start bringing in some goodies.  I would rather run a small business with a great reputation then bite off more then I could chew so I planned on keeping things small.  I will not resort to bashing Joeken or any other company for that matter.  As most of you already know Ewbank is a separate Entity and is no longer working with Joeken.  Once again I will not go into any details about the separation because it’s none of my business.  But I can tell you he’s got some great products and (a lot of stuff in the works that I would love to see happen) and he is a pleasure to deal with so I decided to start selling his product along with everything else we’ve got going.  I don’t want anything to do with the war between gunsnet and ar15.com or any of that internet drama.  I will not permit any trash talking of ar15.com or gunsnet no matter how bad I get ripped on this site.  I don’t expect to receive the same treatment on your site since I was associated with Joeken or anything to come out of this posting for that matter.  But I want to set the facts straight for those seeking the truth.  I finally have complete control over how things are handled on my end and I can tell you we will set the standard for providing you with an honest experience when ordering Ewbanks products or my own products for that matter.  You will NEVER be charged for a product we do not have in stock.  We will never give you the run around if we don’t have something you will be told up front.  I’m not just throwing this out here if anyone ever experiences these issues I expect to be held accountable for my actions.  We were to new to join the BBB but I still had Michael create an account so things are kept as open as possible about our company’s business practices.  I’ve got a lot of cool stuff on the way I’ll be updating to the site over the next few weeks that I think the ak-47 community will like.  

Andrew Smith
[email protected]
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 6:13:08 PM EDT
[#11]
k
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 7:55:12 PM EDT
[#12]
So, a 22 year old has the money to buy land, fill sea containers with kits, and setup a new business, buying product from JoeKen Ewbank, and traveling around Eastern Europe to "setup his own contacts" for importing - all after losing a buttload of money loaned to Ewbank JoeKen.

Even after losing that money, he still decides to partner up with the entity he loaned the money to?

Someone should have hired out a rewrite of the script, this one sucks.  There's no way he's going to win an Oscar with dialogue this bad.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 12:10:28 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 1:21:28 AM EDT
[#14]
It was only a matter of time. Who didn't see this coming???
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 7:01:02 AM EDT
[#15]

Bwah-hah-hah-hah-hah-hahhhhhhh.....

The chickens have come home to roost, and Thor doesn't like it too much.

I guess as long as it's everybody else that's getting bent over, and you're getting $$
from the bender, it's okay. But as soon as it's you that's getting the Mountain Man
treatment, it's not too funny all of a sudden.....

Link Posted: 3/27/2006 7:25:27 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 11:18:02 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
starpas.azcc.gov/scripts/cgiip.exe/WService=wsbroker1/names-detail.p?name-id=11303616&type=CORPORATION

i8.photobucket.com/albums/a18/MakarovshooterinAZ/dwispart2.jpg

Oh, and Dupe, I posted about 30 minutes before you

Todd Bailey's gotten a ton of those - they're really easy to reverse, you just send in your late paperwork, and the renewal fee, and they re-up you.

Not saying that the dissolution is inaccurate, just that it's not a final kind of thing.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 11:44:03 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Todd Bailey's gotten a ton of those - they're really easy to reverse, you just send in your late paperwork, and the renewal fee, and they re-up you.

Not saying that the dissolution is inaccurate, just that it's not a final kind of thing.

For about a year JOEKEN was stating that Ewbanks was no longer associated with JOEKEN, the AZ Corp. Commission document would seem to show that is false.  It appears that as recent as 3 months ago he is still the actual owner.

But in the JOEKEN story, hasn't Joe Cox stated that Ken Ewbank is no longer associated with JOEKEN that he just makes receivers now and Andrew who was a partner with Joe Cox in Joeken now spins off to start ArmsofAmerica which will be selling Ewbank items but is no longer associated with JOEKEN but the items on his website sure could be stock from JOEKEN.

Oh what a tangled web we weave,
When first we practise to deceive!
Sir Walter Scott, Marmion, Canto vi. Stanza 17.
Scottish author & novelist (1771 - 1832)

Link Posted: 3/27/2006 11:50:45 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 11:51:15 AM EDT
[#20]
token dupe police action, see link above to continue
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top