Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 8/27/2005 11:20:58 AM EDT
Got them for $325 OTD each (rather, thats what it will be when i pick them up). Both have perfectly straight gas/sight blocks. The SAR-3 is like perfect, the SAR-1 has a few small scuffs. Both are truly NIB, there was no wear on the bottom of the bolt carrier at all. I was probably the first person to ever cycle them.

I'll toss up a couple pics when i pick them up later tonight hopefully.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 12:16:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Not a bad price at all..............now you have to get the obligatory accessories for it............
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 12:49:20 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Not a bad price at all

Not a bad price? That's an awesome price! They aren't importing SAR's anymore, only WASR's. I paid $500 for my SAR-3 a couple months ago, and about $375 for my SAR-1 last year.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 1:51:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Where do you guys get such deals.  Gun show up here are crazy expensive.  
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 3:12:55 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

You're up by chicago?

This show was at belleville, Ill. Stuff is usually pretty high there, but this guy wasnt a dealer. He said him and another guy bought some of them awhile back and never did anything with them, and he decided to get rid of them.

I dont know if i'll keep them or not (i dont really need an AK in .223, i already have the other two calibers) but who knows.

Edit: For reference as far as the rest of the show, post ban WASRs were $389, and no-bans were $450 or so.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 4:22:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Let me know if you want to get rid of the SAR-1 for a profit.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 4:53:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Running late to meet with some people, but i just got them. Heres a couple pics.

Link Posted: 8/27/2005 5:46:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Nice SARs and outstanding price.   I just saw a couple of SAR3 at a fun show for $400.  The price didn't interest me much, but I am sure cold hard cash would have brought the price down.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 7:13:12 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

That's because the old men that sell their garbage at gunshows think it's worth something. All gunshows are like that everywhere. Sadly, gunshows will meet their demise in the next ten years as the internet has made gunshows and the old men that sell their crap at them obsolete. Now, before anyone gets pissed at me, I am a gunshow dealer. I have decided that after sitting behind gunshow tables literally my entire life, I am retired.

Why????

Reasone number one: I am tired, tired, tired of 46 inch waist babyboomers telling me they can get everything cheaper somewhere else. My answer to them is: No you can't that's why you are here.

Reason number two: I am tired, tired, tired of the same 46 inch waisted babyboomers giving me an attitude because I don't have military surplus BDU's or field jackets in their size. Guess what? They don't let fat old men in the military, that's why you can't find GI BDU's in your size.

Reason number three: $500 Romanian AK's

When spending $500 on a SAR does one not realize you are  $150 away from an Arsenal?
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 11:31:38 PM EDT
[#9]
Pretty much the truth. I go and most of the time i just see a bunch of stuff i can get cheaper online, but every once in awhile theres something like this that makes the trips worth it.

And to be fair, there are still a decent number of fair dealers around here. Lotta high ones, but some fair ones as well.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 12:09:56 AM EDT
[#10]
You lucky bastard

I paid 300 even for my SAR-2 1.5 years ago. I REALLY hate myself for not picking up a SAR-1 when they were that cheap.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 3:14:29 AM EDT
[#11]
Good prices. In the East they are $450.00 at least if you can find them anymore.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 4:18:18 AM EDT
[#12]
last SAR-3 I saw at a show this year was 395.00......of course thats an anomaly, but I have seen some decent prices here in Ga
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 5:30:38 AM EDT
[#13]
I paid $215.00 less than 6 months ago for my SAR-1 which I traded off, for other goodies.  The same rifle was seen on the E&E about 2 months ago priced @ $450.00 IIRC.  

As far as gunshows thing goes...

The greedy, price gouging, magazine stripping bottomsucker dealers did it to themselves.  Fact is you can buy stuff on the net much cheaper.  I only go to gunshows when I'm bored and have nothing else to do. Yes there are sometimes some very good deals to be found , but that is few and far between.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 5:36:59 AM EDT
[#14]
Two very nice "Diamonds in the Rough"
Congrats.

If you sell them , try to keep it in the ARFCOM Family.  
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 8:12:16 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
I paid $215.00 less than 6 months ago for my SAR-1 which I traded off, for other goodies.  The same rifle was seen on the E&E about 2 months ago priced @ $450.00 IIRC.  

As far as gunshows thing goes...

The greedy, price gouging, magazine stripping bottomsucker dealers did it to themselves.  Fact is you can buy stuff on the net much cheaper.  I only go to gunshows when I'm bored and have nothing else to do. Yes there are sometimes some very good deals to be found , but that is few and far between.

I agree the attitude from gun dealers must stop. Especially the extremely cocky attitude from men making $10 per hour in gunstores. We also have a rental place by us where they have the same cocky holier than now attitude. Sorry, but I view someone working in a gunstore the same as I view someone working at Walmart, a low paid retail latke. Dealers have sunk themselves with their shitty attitudes. There is a gunstore locally that I refuse to go into anymore (GAT Guns) because if I want to verbally abused by an overweight asshole that lives slightly above the poverty level, I will seek it out elsewhere. Ever notice how guys that work at gun shops also always have "secret" government jobs. LOL, I guess the CIA isn't paying enough these days and they need to supplement their income at a gunshop. LOL, cracks me up.

Like the music industry was destroyed by greed and the internet, so will the brick and mortar FFL and the gunshow dealer. Gun dealers through their shitty, cocky attitudes will eventually destroy our right to own guns as ATF will deny "kitchen table" FFL holders.

It's middle aged men almost always. Hint: Lighten up dudes.

Oh and by the way.....Nice AK's
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 11:20:34 AM EDT
[#16]
I like to go to gun shows to get a hands on with something I might buy in the future.  Last one I went to in San Antonio had Colt 6920s, 6721s, and 6520s.  I was looking at the 6920s and 6721s the night before on the net and saw the weight difference and got to feel it the next day.  Same with a Kimber Warrior and SA Marine Corps Operator.  Armory USA/Global Trades was there and I got to check out some of their stuff too - lots of kits available and a few built up ones as well.

But, the internet is changing the viability of gun shows - I can buy all the guns and ammo I want through the internet and get good prices.  I think of my last 20 gun purchases all have been over the internet through my FFL dealer.

Spooky
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 6:29:04 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 11:36:29 PM EDT
[#18]
Get some mags for the SAR-3 and keep it.  You will only regret it if you sell it.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 6:49:44 AM EDT
[#19]
Congrats on your two excellent finds.  I had a couple of SAR-1s and never had a problem with either one.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 7:01:13 AM EDT
[#20]
This makes me want an AK almost more than that Garand I am saving for...don't know why, but the pics of those two AKs just got me poked in the head.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 8:14:29 AM EDT
[#21]
Ok, what do you guys think a good price for these would be? I'll probably sell one, or both, since i already have a SAR-1 and a AKS-74. I'm thinking about keeping the SAR-3, but i'm still on the fence on that. Need to decide if i want an AK in a third caliber.

What kind of options are there for a SAR-3 muzzle? Would a romanian 22mm FSB and brake work? How does recoil compare to 5.45?
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 2:07:11 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Ok, what do you guys think a good price for these would be? I'll probably sell one, or both, since i already have a SAR-1 and a AKS-74. I'm thinking about keeping the SAR-3, but i'm still on the fence on that. Need to decide if i want an AK in a third caliber.

What kind of options are there for a SAR-3 muzzle? Would a romanian 22mm FSB and brake work? How does recoil compare to 5.45?

Clange , considering what you already have , keeping the SAR 3 is a good idea unless you
have a custom AK in mind.
If you have or plan on getting an AR15 rifle later , the .223 AK is a great companion piece in
the same caliber.

If you keep the 3 to shoot , you should get a Red Star Arms hammer for reliability.
www.redstararms.com/

Muzzle attachments for the 3 require a little thought because there is no "standard".
Threading in 1/2 x28 and using an AR type muzzle device is possible and simplest.

Here's a link to some Romanian AK Info - www.gunsnet.net/Linx310/

Realistically , you will probably only realize a small profit on sale of the SAR 1 though.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 11:35:34 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Clange , considering what you already have , keeping the SAR 3 is a good idea unless you
have a custom AK in mind.
If you have or plan on getting an AR15 rifle later , the .223 AK is a great companion piece in
the same caliber.

If you keep the 3 to shoot , you should get a Red Star Arms hammer for reliability.
www.redstararms.com/

Muzzle attachments for the 3 require a little thought because there is no "standard".
Threading in 1/2 x28 and using an AR type muzzle device is possible and simplest.

Here's a link to some Romanian AK Info - www.gunsnet.net/Linx310/

Realistically , you will probably only realize a small profit on sale of the SAR 1 though.

Well i knew that going into it. I didnt buy them just to make money, although i never really planned to keep both of them. I knew i could get my money back or i wouldnt have bought both.

I think if i do keep the sar-3 i may just do the AR threads and a flash suppressor, with a k-var black stock set. Its already not authentic as far as AKs go because of the caliber, so why not. I could make it look like a AK-74, but i dont really need or want another 74 clone. I think the black stock would look pretty good with the steel mags too.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 8:39:36 PM EDT
[#24]
Nice find man!!!
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top