Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 9/27/2005 2:06:41 PM EDT
I want to say both companies did a great job with my order and I would not hesitate to order from them again. Centerfire Romanian kits are indeed excellent and the bore is perfect. I did not like the pistol grip that came with it, as it was an ugly reddish poop brown, so I ordered a Romanian red grip from K-VAR that is much better than the one in the kit. I also got a 922r US grip and some beautiful Romanian laminated wood handguards. I ordered the parts from K-VAR on thursday night, I got them monday!

I wanted to get a Romanian kit before the new ATF guidlines makes imported barrels a no-no. I am on my last year in college, so once i'm done, i'm clearing out of the PRK and either going to grad school in Texas or Arizona. Once I am there, I will have the kit built. I am going to aquire all of my 922r parts over a period of time while I am waiting to make it to a free state.

For 922r, I think I am going to go either
A)
Pistol grip
G2 trigger group(3parts)
gas piston
receiver

or B)
follower
mag floor plate
G2 trigger group
receiver

That way I can have a Romanian pistol grip and gas piston.

Nice kit Centerfire!

1982 production. What is that orange 'G' stand for?

Link Posted: 9/27/2005 2:39:47 PM EDT
[#1]
I'd go with option A) but switch the Pistol Grip for a US Made slant brake.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 3:03:53 PM EDT
[#2]
you mean there is a assault rifle actually allowed in California

btw  

I got my romak III, and my romak paratrooper parts kit from centerfire.  I was very pleased
I was more pleased with Troy from inrangec2.com, he finalized both of the rifles for me !!
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 3:45:45 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
you mean there is a assault rifle actually allowed in California

btw  

I got my romak III, and my romak paratrooper parts kit from centerfire.  I was very pleased
I was more pleased with Troy from inrangec2.com, he finalized both of the rifles for me !!

lol, a parts kit is okay in CA. I could even order an 80% receiver flat.

IIRC, I could bend the flat and build it. It would not be illegal as long as the pistol grip was never added and no flash hider or high cap mag.

...of course, I would never do anything like that!

Seriously though, I would much rather wait for freedom and get it built on an OOW or ArmoryUSA receiver.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 4:34:52 PM EDT
[#4]
i bought several rommy kits from the top 3 rommy kit vendors, and all the ones I got from Centerfire were better
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 2:11:09 PM EDT
[#5]
K-VAR is good!!!  I ordered a mag off them and got it new with no problems.  I recomend them.
Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top