Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 8/21/2005 3:39:51 PM EDT
My B-in-L brought over his SKS for me and the wife to try out.  He included 5 boxes of Golden Tiger 124gr FMJBT lead core, steel case ammo; the box shows it was made by "Federal State Enterprise 'Vympel', Russia".  It looks a lot like Wolf ammo.  It comes in an overall orange box with a picture of a tiger's head.

Anyone else ever tried this ammo  We fired about 40 rounds today; other than being a bit smelly it shot fine.

I might have to get one of these toys.....

What is the recommended SKS --  Russian, Yugo, Chinese?
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 7:10:36 AM EDT
[#1]
I have not heard of it. If its steel cased it should work. I had bad luck with brass cased(broke the neck off in the chamber)

The Russians are supposed to be the better ones. I have 2 Chinese ones. The screw in barrel is the prefered in Chinese models(some are pinned) Ihave a paratrooper model, they have pinned barrels, and it shoots well. Get one, there are lots of stuff you can get for them(not as much as an AR but you can do it on a budget.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 1:32:03 AM EDT
[#2]
I've shot plenty of it over the years.  It's good ammo along the lines of mil-surp.  I get pretty good accuracy from it too.  

AIM had a good deal on it in the past, but it looks like they may be out.  Sportsmans Guide is selling it now.  Golden Tiger
Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top