Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Page AK-47 » SKS
Posted: 8/1/2009 3:18:26 PM EST
My buddy called me and told me he has a guy working for him with a sks for sale. I called the guy and this is what he says he has: Chinese SKS w/folding stock, 3 30 rd mags, scope, and 1020 wolf rds. He also said it has a stamped rec. And he does not have the original stock anymore. I am pretty sure this is a good deal because he is asking $350 for it (I don't think he has seen the ammo prices lately). I really want a AK74 but this might make a good truck gun at a great price. Let me know what to look for and what you think. Thanks!
Link Posted: 8/1/2009 4:11:04 PM EST
[Last Edit: 8/1/2009 4:33:14 PM EST by bloodsport2885]
The stamped SKS's are more of an oddity and a rarity but are not great quality. Since it has been tapco fucked your basically buying $350 for the ammo. Put that money toward a Russian model or your '74 if you want a quality buy.

ETA the stamped receiver models are compared to "last ditch" rifle quality.
Link Posted: 8/1/2009 9:17:18 PM EST
If it was milled or if it was stock I would get it but since it's not I would pass.
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 10:54:53 AM EST
[Last Edit: 8/2/2009 11:05:59 AM EST by martin08]
If you don't buy it, please give me your buddy's name!

Stamped receiver SKS's (matching, bubba'd or not) are as rare as hen's teeth and command a high collector's price. This gun could be worth a time and a half to three times what he's asking if it's in operational condition.

Please be sure it is a stamped receiver first. There are some pics for reference in this SKS Boards thread.

http://www.sksboards.com/smf/index.php?topic=51576.0
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 12:32:05 PM EST
As the guys on SKSboards suspected it was not a stamped rec. I picked it up as it looks in pretty good condition and all the numbers I saw matched. Thanks for all the info and help!
Page AK-47 » SKS
Top Top