Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 8/1/2009 4:18:26 PM EDT
My buddy called me and told me he has a guy working for him with a sks for sale.  I called the guy and this is what he says he has: Chinese SKS w/folding stock, 3 30 rd mags, scope, and 1020 wolf rds.  He also said it has a stamped rec.  And he does not have the original stock anymore.  I am pretty sure this is a good deal because he is asking $350 for it (I don't think he has seen the ammo prices lately).  I really want a AK74 but this might make a good truck gun at a great price.  Let me know what to look for and what you think.  Thanks!
Link Posted: 8/1/2009 5:11:04 PM EDT
[#1]
The stamped SKS's are more of an oddity and a rarity but are not great quality.  Since it has been tapco fucked your basically buying $350 for the ammo.  Put that money toward a Russian model or your '74 if you want a quality buy.

ETA the stamped receiver models are compared to "last ditch" rifle quality.
Link Posted: 8/1/2009 10:17:18 PM EDT
[#2]
If it was milled or if it was stock I would get it but since it's not I would pass.
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 11:54:53 AM EDT
[#3]
If you don't buy it, please give me your buddy's name!

Stamped receiver SKS's (matching, bubba'd or not) are as rare as hen's teeth and command a high collector's price.  This gun could be worth a time and a half to three times what he's asking if it's in operational condition.

Please be sure it is a stamped receiver first.  There are some pics for reference in this SKS Boards thread.

http://www.sksboards.com/smf/index.php?topic=51576.0
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 1:32:05 PM EDT
[#4]
As the guys on SKSboards suspected it was not a stamped rec.  I picked it up as it looks in pretty good condition and all the numbers I saw matched.  Thanks for all the info and help!
Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top