Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Galil & Valmet Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 5/15/2013 12:29:26 AM EDT
Hey guys Im interested in buying the parts to have someone build me a Galil. I want a top notch rifle. Any tips on where to buy the parts and who to send them to would be awesome. I want a .233 side folder no bipod. Also what would i expect to pay for the parts and someone to build the rifle.... ballpark number :) Thanks

By the way i clicked on the 1st thread that says parts lists, and those links either dont work or dont have parts for sale, it is over 9 years old after all
Link Posted: 5/15/2013 8:36:56 AM EDT
[#1]
yea, links are pretty dead. Gunbroker and Apex are about the only places I have found parts. Not going to be cheap or great quality anymore. Most of the parts are drying up. Tenngalil told me to avoid Blackthorne's FSBs. Said their stuff is out of spec.
Link Posted: 5/15/2013 9:23:45 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks... Ya I found galiltalk after I posted this and it seems like that forum has quite a bit more traffic about the galils. And I didn't find any answers there either :(
Link Posted: 5/18/2013 8:25:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
yea, links are pretty dead. Gunbroker and Apex are about the only places I have found parts. Not going to be cheap or great quality anymore. Most of the parts are drying up. Tenngalil told me to avoid Blackthorne's FSBs. Said their stuff is out of spec.

FIXED
Link Posted: 5/23/2013 9:24:21 PM EDT
[#4]
I use a Blackthorne ARM front sight base and it doesn't seem to have any problems. I don't know who makes them.
Link Posted: 5/23/2013 9:42:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Your a tad bit late for Galil parts, the site you recommended has a seller on there for a micro Galil parts kit starting at 1150.00, Blackthorne had kits at 850.00 before the latest craze, the problem with Blackthorne is unless your very familiar with Galil parts, you would be able to tell them apart from AK parts that they through in the kits when their short on supply. Their customer service is a crap shoot when it comes to returning stuff and getting what you need. You'll need a quality receiver, like the ones from CNC Warrior. Do you have that ? If not get on their waiting list.
Link Posted: 7/11/2013 5:37:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 7/12/2013 10:42:35 AM EDT
[#7]
HOLY CRAP---Just looked at the price, and about had a heart attack.  Think I got my 3 kits, barrel, and 3 cut receivers from Apex for less than $400.00. about 3 years ago.....  Of course, I didn't get a $50 credit for a receiver purchase.....
Link Posted: 7/12/2013 10:55:05 AM EDT
[#8]
I'd just hold out until IWI US starts making the Galil ACE line here.
Link Posted: 7/12/2013 11:06:57 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Is this confirmed?
Link Posted: 7/12/2013 4:35:47 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Is this confirmed?

All but officially, I spoke to Mr Kassner last year and he said that IWI US will introduce the ACE, and a few other models for the civilian and law enforcement market in 2014. I have spoken to another person who has heard the same thing directly from him as well.

Link Posted: 7/12/2013 5:07:52 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Is this confirmed?

All but officially, I spoke to Mr Kassner last year and he said that IWI US will introduce the ACE, and a few other models for the civilian and law enforcement market in 2014. I have spoken to another person who has heard the same thing directly from him as well.

Is he the (former?)owner of Charles Daly, or am I getting names mixed up?
Link Posted: 7/12/2013 7:24:39 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Is this confirmed?

Yes
Link Posted: 7/12/2013 7:30:36 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Is this confirmed?

Yes

Glad to hear that he's still in the game, nice guy from my interactions with him.
Link Posted: 7/13/2013 12:03:36 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Is this confirmed?

Yes

Glad to hear that he's still in the game, nice guy from my interactions with him.

Thank you for the info, I will be getting one of every model and cheap 762 mags again! Praise God!
Link Posted: 7/27/2013 5:47:36 PM EDT
[#15]
Another option is buy a Golani and have it rebuilt by Tenngalil or Keith Nels in Houston.

If you can get a good price on one anyway. I bought mine when they came out and were cheap.

At the time I did it Tenngalil was pretty booked and Keith was available. He also installed a new IMI barrel, and new tritium sights.

I couldn't be happier with mine, always goes bang too.
Page AK-47 » Galil & Valmet Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top