Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 3/2/2006 1:17:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/2/2006 1:19:06 PM EDT by GuitarGuy]
I just installed a G2 single hook trigger group in my SAR-1. So far everything feels great and it seems loads better than the crappy Century group, however, it seems that if you slowly ride the carrier forward, the carrier will hang up on the hammer im guessing? Now i know i will never be riding my charging handle forward, and it doesnt hang up when i actuate the bolt carrier normaly, so i guess my question is will this affect the cycling of the weapon, because its obviously hanging on something, and if so what can i do about this. I know this is unlikely as the cyclic rate is much quicker than manipulating the action by hand, but im curious just to quell my concerns. Thanks in advance guys.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 1:21:51 PM EDT
I replaced my trigger group in my MAK-90 with the same set. It does the same thing, It acts like a B.H.O. if you slowly move the carrier forward. It hangs up around the same area as when you have the safety on and pull the bolt back. I never had any problems at the range so I don't think it will be a problem for you either.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 2:24:38 PM EDT
I can do the same thing with both of my Romanian SAR rifles. It isn't unique to the G2 trigger group.

Link Posted: 3/2/2006 3:01:38 PM EDT
Yea i could do it to some extent with my original trigger group in my SAR but it seems more pronounced with the G2, different machining tolerences i guess. About to go to the range, ill let u guys know what happens when i get back. Ill talk to u in a couple hours.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 8:56:03 PM EDT
Well after range time it seems there were no malfunctions, but then its an AK. Seems to work so far, maybe this tendency will decrease with wear.
Top Top