Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 10/4/2007 10:56:08 AM EDT
Im not to sure but shouldnt a Romy "Gaurd" rifle have full auto parts seeing its a somewhat millitary rifle?
Link Posted: 10/4/2007 11:11:03 AM EDT
[#1]
Nope, seeing as how those FA parts may lnad you in federal prison.
Link Posted: 10/4/2007 11:23:28 AM EDT
[#2]
Are you saying the orig. weapon should have been full auto?  Some apparently had the FA diabled.  If you are asking if YOU should put in FA stuff, you need to find a new hobby.  But I'm sure you did not mean that.
Link Posted: 10/4/2007 11:30:22 AM EDT
[#3]
NO not at all, i live in Southern California and it is serious shit if some one were to get caught for thoes parts... i was just wondering because its labled "Gaurd" rifle i though it might of been equiped with the FA parts...
Link Posted: 10/4/2007 11:31:35 AM EDT
[#4]
some were F/A, some were not.
Link Posted: 10/4/2007 1:50:07 PM EDT
[#5]
but your in cali
most people wont even send parts to cali and the ones that do
dont send alot of the parts most people would get

it could just be a simple as you are in cali
Link Posted: 10/4/2007 2:46:00 PM EDT
[#6]
To answer your question. Yes, the Romy "G" kits that are on the market are usually shipped with full auto parts....with the exception of a few states it is totally legal to have AK-47 disconnecter , sears, and rate reducers. put them in a "3 hole" receiver (which is whats considered a machine gun) and then you have a problem, as the parts cannot easily make a gun f/a just by dropping them in like an AR-15.
Link Posted: 10/4/2007 4:17:57 PM EDT
[#7]
You may be looking at the term "Guards" as in the "Soviet 6th Guards Army", who are hard core combat troops.   The Romanian G on the rifles in question, I think, is referring to a more police-like organization...
Link Posted: 10/4/2007 9:21:01 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Im not to sure but shouldnt a Romy "Gaurd" rifle have full auto parts seeing its a somewhat millitary rifle?

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=4&f=79&t=99874
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 6:01:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Yeah the link answers it.
But yes they had FA parts installed exept the disconnector, it didn't have the tail to let it fire in FA mode, so all they had to do was install a FA disconnector to convert it back.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 8:51:18 AM EDT
[#10]
All the kits I have received have included all the FA parts except the disconnector (which I bought and cut off the tail since it was cheaper and I already had my compliancy parts).  Since then I have swapped out the original FCG for a G2 and several others I have built using a G2 FCG leaving me with a pile of FA FCGs.  I may just sell them elsewhere since I really don't need them and let some one else think they have something.  Perhaps in California they won't send any FA FCGs for obvious reasons.  But I'm sure I'm not the only one with a pile of them from the builds that came with them.
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Top Top