Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 4/2/2006 2:24:23 PM EDT
Over the weekend I was presented with an interesting problem.  The front lower handguard latch on my cousin's milled MAK-90 is VERY hard to flip.  He is in the process of getting his US made furniture, and asked me if there was anything I could do to make that latch a little easier to move.

I offered to polish the notch in the barrel a little more with my Dremel tool, if that is what he wants, but I figured I would ask the group first.

Please note, when I say hard to flip, I am talking banging it open and closed with a hammer because a screwdriver alone fails to budge it.  In other words, I am scared to break something when installing or removing the lower handguard.

ETA:  My MAK-90 can be flipped up or down with my pinky finger on my left hand, so I am thinking it should not be that hard to move.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 5:46:13 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Over the weekend I was presented with an interesting problem.  The front lower handguard latch on my cousin's milled MAK-90 is VERY hard to flip.  He is in the process of getting his US made furniture, and asked me if there was anything I could do to make that latch a little easier to move.

I offered to polish the notch in the barrel a little more with my Dremel tool, if that is what he wants, but I figured I would ask the group first.

Please note, when I say hard to flip, I am talking banging it open and closed with a hammer because a screwdriver alone fails to budge it.  In other words, I am scared to break something when installing or removing the lower handguard.

ETA:  My MAK-90 can be flipped up or down with my pinky finger on my left hand, so I am thinking it should not be that hard to move.

My SLR-100H was like that.  It eventually eased somewhat after I kept oiling it and installing/removing the handguard, time after time.  
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Top Top