Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 1/3/2006 7:55:56 AM EDT
Pistol is an AMD65 kit from Clearview.  Screw build.  Screw kit, templates, and instructions came from marshhawk.com.  Ewbanks receiver from Horns Custom Rifles.  Muzzle attachment is a cut down original AMD device.  Seemed to work OK.  The rail on the bottom of the front handguard was a piece of stock I had lying around which I screwed on.  The 1" scope mount attached serves as a place to mount a light or my left hand.  Refinished about 80% of the gun with AlumhaHyde II then rubbed it down a bit with oiled 0000 wool to get a better match.  Top cover and red dot are el-cheapos from CDNN.  Mount still wiggles a tad but with ball park windage and elevation adjustments, I could hit a 10" plate easily at 50 yds.  I preadjusted the red dot to coincide with the iron gights.  Magazine is a Promag which ran just fine--surprise surprise--3 US parts for my rifle build.  Range trip was short due to crummy weather, but got off about 200 rounds without a problem.  Couldn't get it to bump.

My first build.  No surprises, some easy custom fitting, and I learned a lot about drilling and tapping.  Ruined one hole but snot welded it and redrilled.  Came out fine.

Thanks for all the great info.  There wasn't a problem that someone didn't have the solution for.

Link Posted: 1/3/2006 8:03:00 AM EDT
[#1]
Very nicely done; I'm considering doing one of my AMD kits into a pistol.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 8:13:00 AM EDT
[#2]
Did you use the original AMD trigger? Maybe swap it out for a chinese double hook, will help with the bumping....
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 1:09:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Looks good, Nice job.......... But what does SpongeBob think of it?
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top