Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 2/12/2006 9:32:31 PM EDT
I have a chance to get what I guess is a "really good deal" on a Firingline AK. It is a sidefolder model with synthetic furniture. Does anybody really own one of these things? The prices this company charges seem to be outrageous. Any range reports on any of their guns? Any pics?
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 10:41:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Ask PatM41
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 10:49:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Calling PatM41. . . . . .
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 10:50:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Does anybody really own one of these things?

Yes, many people do.  They've built a lot of guns.

The prices this company charges seem to be outrageous.

Not really.  Their build prices are reasonable.  They aren't on the high side or low side.  The part of their rifles that is expensive is their receiver.  There's just no way around it.  It's a 100% US made milled receiver.  They aren't cheap to make.

Any range reports on any of their guns?

I've only put 40 rounds through mine, but they were uneventful, which is a good thing.

Any pics?

Here's my Firing Line Krinkov in 5.56x45mm

Link Posted: 2/12/2006 10:57:57 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Does anybody really own one of these things?

Yes, many people do.  They've built a lot of guns.

The prices this company charges seem to be outrageous.

Not really.  Their build prices are reasonable.  They aren't on the high side or low side.  The part of their rifles that is expensive is their receiver.  There's just no way around it.  It's a 100% US made milled receiver.  They aren't cheap to make.

Any range reports on any of their guns?

I've only put 40 rounds through mine, but they were uneventful, which is a good thing.

Any pics?

www.boontheekul.org/dustin/images/aks-74nu/DSC00043.JPG

nice set-up,.....i love the AK-100series stock on it,....i've been kicking around the idea of putting my Krink,.. and AK-104 on one of there recivers,...will the instal a side mounted scope rail?
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 12:36:39 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
... and AK-104 on one of there recivers,...will the instal a side mounted scope rail?

I'm planning both an AK-102 and an AK-104 on their receivers.  I have the AK-102 receiever already and most of the parts.  I've only got the front end and 100 series stock for the AK-104.  I don't quite understand your question, though.  Will they install a side mounted scope rail on what?  I know Firing Line does install them, but I'm missing the direction of your question.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 4:30:25 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

www.boontheekul.org/dustin/images/aks-74nu/DSC00043.JPG

Oh hell.  That gun gives me a little special feeling...
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 11:52:09 AM EDT
[#7]
I've put about 120 rounds through one in 7.62
they are built to run
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 12:55:47 PM EDT
[#8]
You don't think $1400 retail is too much for an AK? I would not even be considering this purchase if it wasn't being discounted a little bit. but the gun is beautiful. i'll probably pick it up this week and give a full report.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 1:12:05 PM EDT
[#9]
See this post.
Some pics of my new toy.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 1:25:24 PM EDT
[#10]
Wow. Very nice gun!
Why only 40 rounds???? Ammo shortage?
I would've put a couple hundred through it the first time out just to get to know it well. Your first date with a gun only happens once!
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 3:10:00 PM EDT
[#11]
I built a Russian AKS on a FL receiver  couple years ago...

these receivers are top notch, but expensive to build..as this one is a threaded barrel
receiver..
The action is glass smooth ,, just as good as a Poly Legend..
The newest ones have the LOGO moved to the under side where its not as noticeable

My AKs came out just as i wanted .. 50 year old looking.. and it shoots just as good now as it did when it was new !!
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 5:17:07 PM EDT
[#12]

You don't think $1400 retail is too much for an AK?

If it has a US made milled receiver and isn't an assembly line job -- nope.  I'll put more money in ammo through it in a year than the cost of the rifle.  My regular range sessions consume around 1k of ammo, so I don't have to go too many times to top the rifle's cost.

Why only 40 rounds???? Ammo shortage?

Well, I'm running a bit broke right now.  I paid for the FFL transfer and picked up a couple boxes of 5.56 to run through it right there before taking it home.  Also, it was about 35F with winds gusting at 40mph and I only had a t-shirt on.  I was ready to get back home out of the wind.  It'll get plenty of action in time.

The newest ones have the LOGO moved to the under side where its not as noticeable

Both my Firing Line receivers have the logo in the trigger area.  It's really nice not having the giant eagle on the side.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 7:05:55 PM EDT
[#13]
I can't speak to their finished rifles, but I do think that their milled receivers are really amazing.  My FFL was a die-hard AR guy who did the transfer last year and even he grudgingly gave a lot of credit to the fit and finish of the receiver.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top