Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Bulgarian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 12/29/2006 4:11:45 PM EDT
Yes I finally got my hands on a Bulgarian Arsenal rifle. And man, what a nice piece! Type is AR-SF and yes, it's the very short version in 5.56x45 or in other words .223. To us in the Netherlands it's a very special model as since last year we can't have assault rifles coming in anymore that were changed from auto to semi auto (yes, it's got the third pin and auto sear but the disconnector has been shortened on the rear) so the stuff that's here will float around till they are worn down and get scrapped hinking.gif.
On top of that, the barrel is a nono according to current law as it is too short. However, as it was on a license before August 2005, they should allow it as our laws changed back then. In that time a short barreled rifle wasn't forbidden but it was discouraged. It was already very special to be able to get one then.

www.arsenal-bg.com/defense_police/5.56_arsenal_assault_rifle_ar-sf.htm

It set me back quite a bit though as it cost me about USD 1100,-. A lot of cash but it's special. I'm totally in love with this baby ;) I'll try to post some pics up tomorrow.

Now I have a family of three AK action rifles: the BA AR-SF, Norinco AK56S-1 and the Zastava M76 sniper rifle. From small to big :P

If this should be in the Krinkov section, just tell me. To me a Krinkov is an Izmash but I could be wrong by the rules of this forum ;)
Link Posted: 12/29/2006 5:30:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Congrats!
Link Posted: 12/30/2006 9:53:16 AM EDT
[#2]
NICE!!!!  But, ummm, where do you go to fire your guns?  I know the Netherlands isn't that big...
Link Posted: 12/30/2006 10:34:33 AM EDT
[#3]
What a beauty!  Congratulations!
Link Posted: 12/30/2006 1:42:48 PM EDT
[#4]
height=8
Quoted:
NICE!!!!  But, ummm, where do you go to fire your guns?  I know the Netherlands isn't that big...

We have several gunranges throughout the country ;) I shoot at a gunrange nearby which has 25 and 100 yard ranges. We've got 4 ranges within 20 minutes drive from here so I think it's not that bad ;)
Page AK-47 » Bulgarian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top