Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 8/20/2005 10:16:52 PM EDT
I'm curious. I know the SLR and SA-93 were made in Bulgaria and imported here as low-cap rifles then turned into normal capacity (Doesn't this leave mag well issues such as wobble, etc and is it a "true" AK mag well?) with US parts. I've seen the SLRs as low as 350$ in good shape but I've never bought one because I don't know much about them.

Thanks

Link Posted: 8/21/2005 4:42:51 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 6:10:35 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 8:59:21 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I'm curious. I know the SLR and SA-93 were made in Bulgaria and imported here as low-cap rifles then turned into normal capacity (Doesn't this leave mag well issues such as wobble, etc and is it a "true" AK mag well?) with US parts. I've seen the SLRs as low as 350$ in good shape but I've never bought one because I don't know much about them.

Thanks

The SLR 95 is the best built AK I have it is the most accurate built of the Aks I have or have used.  The SLR95 rifles were considered sporting hunting rifles and were put together by hand and test fired for accuracy. I have an old Guns and Ammo were Kalashnikov himself test fired a SLR95 and his first words were Amazing. I have chinese AKs, a polish AK and three American built Arsenal AKs all SAM7 varients and the SLR 95 can out shoot them all. It does suffer from problems through like a sporting stock and a shitty paint finish. After getting the right parts and a parkerized finish it is my favorite AK people at the range are constantly amazed by its accuracy at 150 meters  
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 1:29:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Dang, I wonder if a Tantal and Rommy kit plus some cash would be a fair trade for a good shape SLR.

I always thought that the SLRs were pre-94 since Clinton killed the importation of "sporting" rifles...anyone else know about that or was it a chinese ban only?
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 3:12:49 AM EDT
[#5]
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top