Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Troubleshooting
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 12/21/2005 3:47:20 PM EDT
i recently bought a used wasr-10 from a buddy of mine. i've put 3-400 rounds through it and am running into ftf's 2-3 times a mag and a fte every 100 rounds or so.  when i first got it i field stripped and cleaned- didn't seem to dirty for an ak. Anyone have any ideas or suggestions.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 8:51:03 AM EDT
[#1]
FTF as in failure to fire or failure to feed?

If failure to feed, try a different mag, are your rounds going into battery?  ie.  is the chanber void of crud and lacquer deposits?

Give the rifle another good cleaning, pay close attention to the chamber, use a chamber brush if you don't have one find a bronze brush of reasonable dia 20 ga?

Remove the bolt, how does the firing pin look the hole is clear?

Just some thoughts.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 1:14:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Fail to fire is my main problem.  Thanks for the ideas, i will go through it again paying more attention to the chamber.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 5:59:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Failure to fire, hmm, keep an eye out make sure bolt/bolt carrier are going into battery.  If so there is cause to inspect the firing pin, making sure it is running free and clear.

Is your hammer hitting square on your bolt?
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 7:58:01 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 8:22:00 AM EDT
[#5]
Check you ejector for wear.
Page AK-47 » Troubleshooting
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top