Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 2/10/2006 3:53:01 PM EDT
Now that I have removed the RSA double tap trigger set and installed a standard bulgarian fcg, I am having a weird problem.  If I pull the charging handle back, pull the trigger and keep it back, then pull the charging handle, when I release the trigger and then pull the trigger again nothing happens.  It appears that the hammer is not resetting.  Just to make sure I took the rifle to the range today and did some testing.

1.  Pull the charging handle, pull trigger put not release it until another round is chambered.  Then release trigger and pull it again.  Nothing.  Hammer is not reset.

2.  Pull the charging handle, pull trigger and release (normal speed), then pull trigger again.  Nothing.  Hammer is not reset.

3.  Pull the charging handle, pull trigger extremely fast (almost superhuman fast), then pull trigger again.  Bang.  Hammer reset this time.

What is going on?
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 3:59:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Do you have the disconnector spring installed?
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 4:03:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes.  I have done a few FCG installs and never had a problem.  Now all of a sudden I have a problem with the RSA trigger group and now the Bulgy FCG.  I have had some really bad luck lately.

Wait a second...

I didn't replace the RSA hammer with the Bulgy hammer when I replaced the other parts.  Can that even be the problem?  I will try it out and see what happens.  Unfortunately the bulgy hammer has a ton of meat to it so I will have to do alot of grinding so it runs smoothly.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 5:09:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Didn't mean to offend, but that little spring (or lack of) seems to be the root of most problems. Sounds like you may have found your problem.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 5:20:19 PM EDT
[#4]
remove 3/4 of your selector (left side)
sounds like your selector is holding your disconnect down and not letting it holde the hammer

you can just fire the rifle without the selector installed to see if this is your prob
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 7:51:09 PM EDT
[#5]
had a similar problem with a tapco G2, Turns out there was a burr on the front of the trigger, and it was binding on the trigger hole in the receiver. other than that, chck to make sure you have that little spring in the disconnector.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 8:10:48 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 8:28:18 AM EDT
[#7]
now thats a guy who stands behind his parts
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 8:53:50 AM EDT
[#8]
Ken - Just to clarify that this isn't a bash RSA trigger thread.  The person who built my Krink obviously had no idea how to install your excellent trigger.  I actually called yesterday and talked to Randall about what could be the problem and we both felt the disconnector needed to be adjusted.  I adjusted it and the double tap went away but then the bolt would hang on the hammer, so I filed down the hammer.  Too far I think since the disconnector doesn't grab the hammer when the carrier rides back after the first round is fired.  If I push down a little farther, the disconnector will grab.  So I think I have ruined the hammer and I don't think it is your responsibility to fix my mess up, however, I do appreciate the offer and that just shows that you do care about your customers (can't say that for all ak builders and parts makers, that for sure).

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top