Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 3/15/2011 3:16:20 PM EDT
What is the easiest and cheapest route to get a SBR chambered in 5.45x39?
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 3:22:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Probably an RGuns 1986 Tula kit actually

$775 for the kit

$100 for the receiver

$120 for the fullsize Bulgarian or East German barrel

$80ish to have barrel reprofiled

$300ish for the build, might get the refinish included depending on who you go with.

I can't see Bulgarian kits being cheaper than $800, already built AKSU's are going to be $1500+

Z
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 3:30:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Krink no doubt about it
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 3:32:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Wow, a little more expensive then just going the Draco SBR route in 7.62!
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 3:44:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Krink no doubt about it

Where can you get a krink?
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 3:57:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Krink no doubt about it

Gunbroker

Reading this again originally I assumed you wanted a Krink, but actually you could take any decent 5.45 AK and put an AK105 gas block on it for a 12" barrel. Not as short as an AKSU but still an SBR.

If that's the case you're looking at around $275 for the gas block and you'll need someone to cut and crown the barrel after you get your tax stamp back, should be cheaper than $1500 depending on what AK you start with.

eta

I guess though if you're going to the trouble of getting the stamp you probably ought to invest in a higher quality rifle that will be worth the time and effort (and hassle if you sell) it takes to get approved.

Thats why I originally responded AKSU, to me it doesn't make a lot of sense to jump through hoops just to have a Draco type SBR but then again I guess if it's 800 bucks cheaper than an AKSU it might make sense to you.  

Z
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 4:54:59 PM EDT
[#6]
those gas blocks got exponentially cheaper, they're $120 at K-var last I checked.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 6:59:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Krink no doubt about it

I bought my Krink from a member on here. They pop up on gunbroker all the time too. Alot of them have perm attached barrel extensions however but the good thing is you can still buy it and SBR it later and shoot the shit out of it while you wait. Then once you get your shit together, then you can SBR it.

I personally like the Bulgarian/Tula better than the Yugo ones.

Parts kits also pop up too but they can get pretty expensive. If you buy one already built it will run you anywhere from 1400-1700 and around the same if you buy the kit and have it built.

According to Atlantic Firearms, they are getting more Bulgy Krinks made by Red Jacket in about 2-3 weeks. They have a faux PBS-5 suppressor.
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 9:44:30 AM EDT
[#8]
Saiga 5.45 conversion

105 gb/fsb combo

FTW
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 9:48:57 AM EDT
[#9]
http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=123&t=851804
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top