Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 12/26/2005 4:54:35 PM EDT
Gentlemen,

Took my 308 NDM 86 to the range today. I really want to purchase a new scope, non military.

What is good 3X9X40 or 42 duplex scope?

Secondly, what side rail mount would I need?
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 5:14:11 PM EDT
[#1]
You could start with a side rail mount like this:

Which can be found at Kalinka Optics in the side rail section. Using that should let you mount almost any weaver scope without changing the side rail on your NDM.

By non military do you mean anything except the standard POSP series? I wouldn't have any opinions on regular scopes, I'm completely sold on my POSP 8x42. IMO it should be more than sufficient for anything you do with the NDM unless you really want to get past 600 meters...it blows the 4x24 out of the water.

Z
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 6:15:07 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 3:53:50 AM EDT
[#3]
I would suggest either the POSP 8x42D Pro w/mildot reticle & .5moa adjustments for low end and the IOR-Valdada SVD mount w/milstd 1913 Picatinny rail and the IOR 2.5-10x42 Tactical scope w/MP-8 mil-line reticle for high end. HTH...
Tomac

POSP 8x42D Pro:

IOR 2.5-10x42 Tactical:

MP-8 Reticle:
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 6:55:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Tomak, I assume thats a 308 NDM?  If so, where did you get the plastic furniture, or did the 308 guns come with it?

BTW, I have the 8 x 42 scope on my Romak 3, and it shoots sub 2 MOA with Wolf 150 grain ball, not shabby for a "low budget" sniper rifle, of com block origin.

With the relatively tough availability of factory "match" ammo for the 54R, in the recommended 150 grain or so weight, I dont know if a really great scope is going to help that much.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 12:11:21 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Tomak, I assume thats a 308 NDM?  If so, where did you get the plastic furniture, or did the 308 guns come with it?

BTW, I have the 8 x 42 scope on my Romak 3, and it shoots sub 2 MOA with Wolf 150 grain ball, not shabby for a "low budget" sniper rifle, of com block origin.

With the relatively tough availability of factory "match" ammo for the 54R, in the recommended 150 grain or so weight, I dont know if a really great scope is going to help that much.

Correct, all my NDM-86's are in .308. I bought the synthetic furniture from Tantal: tantal.kalashnikov.guns.ru/svdbstparts.html but Andrei sells it as well (if you don't mind the shipping wait): www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=42080880
I agree about the Romak-3, I think it would be surprisingly accurate if lightweight match ammo were available but until then a pricey scope would be of limited value (even on my .308's w/match ammo I found the Russian scopes to be accurate enough for my needs and currently use both the 8x42 Pro w/mildot reticle & 3-9x42 1P21).
Tomac
Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top