Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 8/7/2003 12:32:58 PM EDT
I see drums advertized for the 7.62x39 caliber SAR-1 (and other AK47 based rifles of course), but is a drum magazine available that will fit me SAR-2 (5.45x39)?

If so please post a link or address, etc.

Best Regards,
BillSP1
Link Posted: 8/7/2003 12:43:35 PM EDT
[#1]
I think there were around 3 brought in the U.S.

If you could find one, you couldn't afford it.
Link Posted: 8/7/2003 3:20:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Three louse drums in 5.45!!?!!  Is this one of those things that just never were made or is it something that our government thinks we should not have?  

Thanks Obershutze916.
Link Posted: 8/7/2003 4:19:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Yeah, I think it really was about three.  They are used extensivly in the RPK-74, but they just have not been brought into the U.S.
Link Posted: 8/7/2003 5:13:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Never seen a 5.45 drum, not even a pic. But there are 45rnd in the US, and new 60rnd 4-row mags across the Atlantic (all post-ban by virtue of their design date).
Link Posted: 8/7/2003 10:27:48 PM EDT
[#5]
CZ-2000! (obviously post-dates the '94 Klinton mess)

5.45 and 5.56 drums......[>(]
Link Posted: 8/8/2003 6:50:03 AM EDT
[#6]
Thanks guys.  I have several of the red-brown bakelite 30's and they work fine and are inexpensive, but nothing looks meaner than a drum mag on an AK (well except belt feed!).  

Clinton reall screwed us bad on that '94 BS laws.  If this all goes away next September, I wonder if previously banned stuff (new mags and un-neutered rifles) will start coming into the US.  I bet there are importers lining up deals now.  Lets hope we regain some ground this time.
Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top