Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 10/26/2004 6:07:26 PM EDT
I am considering one of the Druganov scopes for a VEPR I am getting.  Problem is, I don't know a thing about the scopes.  Anything specific to look for?  I have looked at one of the Russian PSO 4x scopes with mounts.  Are they pretty solid/reliable?  What are the going prices?  Thanks!
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 5:30:41 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 9:25:31 AM EDT
[#2]
I had a 6x illuminated that I got for $100 or so.  Light gathering is excellent, the way it mounts to the side rail is very robust, and the scope itself is built like a T-54 tank.  That being said, the length of the objective tube on mine interfered with the rear iron sight, as in actually physically touching it, which made mounting it a real bitch.  Also, be aware that putting a scope on your bullet-hose AK does not turn it into an accurate rifle, just a bullet-hose AK that has a scope on it now.  If your rifle shot 4 inch groups at 100 yards before, this will not make it shoot 2 inch groups unless its you and not the gun.

That being said, they are excellent for the money.  Sometime I'll get a 4x that mounts to the gun correctly-- I think the 6x I had was for a Dragunov, not for an AK, although it still mounted fine.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 8:27:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the info.  I don't expect the rifle to become a target gun, but I figured it would be fun to gun to plink with.  
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 4:35:20 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Thanks for the info.  I don't expect the rifle to become a target gun, but I figured it would be fun to gun to plink with.  

It does help with the fun factor and puts the "evil" factor through the roof.
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 4:55:16 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 7:14:03 AM EDT
[#6]
What's a good online distributor for these?  I'm realizing now that the one I had interfered with the iron sights because it was an SVD type and not an AK type, so it was too low.  I might try a 4x with the correct mount instead this time.  Who has em for cheap?
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 8:39:57 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 10:48:52 AM EDT
[#8]
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top