Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/26/2003 7:27:54 AM EDT
Hello all. Just recently completed a milled receiver AK. I now want to do a stamped receiver gun. I have heard that the double trigger parts have a better "feel" and less "bite". I have a stamped Polytech underfolder that has the double trigger parts. I have never fired a single trigger so I have no idea how to compare the two. Just wondering if there really is a difference in how the two trigger parts feel so I can know which parts to buy...thanks.
Link Posted: 9/27/2003 8:14:40 PM EDT
I've always used the Gorden Tech double hook trigger sets. They give a good pull with little or no tuning needed. I see no reason to use a single hook as long as a good double hook is available. I'm thinking someone bought them out though (FAC??)They may not be available at present.
Pete
Link Posted: 9/27/2003 9:13:20 PM EDT
I think they make those exclusively for Tapco.
Link Posted: 9/28/2003 4:50:01 PM EDT

Originally Posted By HeavyMetal:
I think they make those exclusively for Tapco.

They do now, but I am pretty sure that is a recent development. TAPCO also sells the FSE single hook trigger. FSE makes the best FAL fire control group. I recently acquired an FSE AK group. I'll let you know how it works out.
Link Posted: 10/5/2003 7:56:27 PM EDT
You are right, it is Tapco that will be selling the former Gorden Tech. They back ordered the sets I ordered. The FSE sets worked good in my FAL's. I found the FSE AK sets to be much inferior to the Gorden Tech I had on hand, and ended up using on some AK's.
Pete
Link Posted: 10/6/2003 3:34:20 AM EDT
Link Posted: 10/6/2003 5:42:34 AM EDT
Are you sure CAMPY? I respect your knowledge and expertise, but I put a double hook trigger on my AMD65 and noticed immediately a marked improvement in trigger pull over the singlehook. It's very smooth now. I'll never put the single hook back on!
OJF
Link Posted: 10/8/2003 7:28:01 AM EDT
Link Posted: 10/8/2003 2:23:51 PM EDT
Well, the single hook trigger I removed came with the kit, and I replaced it with a military doublehook from a milled receiver ak47, not the akm model. One of these days I'll probably replace it with USA made, when I get the money.
OJF
P.S. I wasn't trying to flame ya Campy, sorry if it sounded that way!
Link Posted: 10/12/2003 10:41:57 AM EDT
Link Posted: 10/21/2003 1:31:59 PM EDT
FSE makes both a single hook and a double hook trigger for the AK. I have both in stock
Link Posted: 10/21/2003 5:53:29 PM EDT
Well, I have had the FSE single hook in my Saiga conversion for a couple of weeks now, and I really like it a lot. It does have a good bit of creep, but it breaks clean and I would estimate it to be around 4.5 pounds of pull.
Top Top