Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Galil & Valmet Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 7/30/2005 9:03:08 PM EDT
I've seen a couple listed on the various boards at crazy prices, but there's got be be a decent source I'm not aware of.

Help....
TD
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 10:53:41 PM EDT
[#1]
How do you define "crazy"?

I bought mine for $175 on a bayonets for sale page I found by Googling.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 7:00:37 PM EDT
[#2]
I call $175.00 crazy for a bayo. I guess I really shouldn't bitch since I have a Model 76 in 7.62x39 that was converted by Flemming  in the early 80's that's in need of a bayo.

TD

Link Posted: 8/4/2005 8:58:56 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I call $175.00 crazy for a bayo. I guess I really shouldn't bitch since I have a Model 76 in 7.62x39 that was converted by Flemming  in the early 80's that's in need of a bayo.

TD

What's your Valmet worth? $15K? maybe more?

And you're complaining about a $175 bayo?

Link Posted: 8/4/2005 9:26:04 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm not sure what it might be worth. I turned down 17K from a local guy about 6 months ago.

I'm not sure if this is correct, but I've been told my 76 is the rarest version that was imported. I got this info from a Valmet collector. Shortly after I got the weapon I was going to convert it to a folding tube stock, but the collector talked me out of it. It's a fixed tube stock in 7.62x39. According to the info I've seen only 10 were imported in that configuration. Anybody know if this is correct?

Truth is the gun's worth about $3500.00 or so, but due to our Govt's restrictions on the Second there's a piece of paper that accompanys the gun that's worth much more than the gun.

TD
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 5:40:50 PM EDT
[#5]
youll be lucky  to find one under 175. Im looking also, just found one that i paid 187.00 shipped from finland..
and no, he doesnt have any more.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 10:06:16 PM EDT
[#6]
It looks like anything under $200.00 is considered a good deal. I guess I was spoiled long ago buying M-16 parts.

When I located this gun I wasn't the least bit interested in Valmets and had never shot one that I could recall. At the time I was looking for a transferable Chi-Com and ran across this gun at a very good price. I figured I would shoot it while and sell it to fund the Chi-Com. After owning the gun for a while and shooting it side X side with full auto Chi-Coms I decided it was the right gun and I've never looked back

TD
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 9:18:52 PM EDT
[#7]
I lucked out when I found my valmet bayonet..was at one of the local gun shops in my town.....found it..asked the guy how much, he said give me an offer because he didn't know what it was for.....offered 40 bucks Canadian.....he said yes..I gave him the money..then told him I would have gave 150 ...he was a tad pissed
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 3:45:26 PM EDT
[#8]
if you still need one, i know a guy in Finland, wants 185, shipped, no scabbard though
Page AK-47 » Galil & Valmet Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top