Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 12/19/2009 6:30:15 PM EDT
I'm referring to the pad in the link below. I have the nato length stock on my AK and it's still a bit short for me, this pad adds an inch, but I am wondering if it's a comfortable fit, or if anyone who has one can offer a review.

http://www.opsgear.com/Deluxe-Model-47-Combat-Style-Butt-Pad-p/lpr-rb-k7btp01.htm
Link Posted: 12/19/2009 10:39:46 PM EDT
[#1]
I just got a different one from FSE: Recoil Pad for AK type rifles

It feels great and makes my SGL-21 not slide around on my shirt.  I'll have to report back with a review once I try it out on the range.

In the meantime, there are some reviews on the FSE site.
Link Posted: 12/19/2009 10:42:17 PM EDT
[#2]
I had one on a PSL. Worked well, a little bumpy but it helped tame the 54R recoil
Link Posted: 12/19/2009 11:09:15 PM EDT
[#3]
I use one like it and like it.  It gives a better length of pull and is more comfortable thean the narrow steel butplate of the folder.

Link Posted: 12/20/2009 10:54:50 AM EDT
[#4]
That's the other reason I want one, the butt plate of my stock is only like 4 inches and does not give a very good purchase on my shoulder. Guess the word is unanimously good, so I will get one. Oh, will these fit on a Mosin nagant, and do they come on and off easily if I wanted to swap it to other rifles while at the range?
Link Posted: 12/20/2009 1:38:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Balloo93, does your side folder still lock shut with that pad on it?
Link Posted: 12/20/2009 1:57:48 PM EDT
[#6]
This is my home made stick on recoil pad,made from a Uncle Mikes slip on boot. it's on my AR right now.
Link Posted: 12/20/2009 2:06:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
This is my home made stick on recoil pad,made from a Uncle Mikes slip on boot. it's on my AR right now.
http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u199/photobug4741/RecoilPad.jpg

do you have really long arms or something?
Link Posted: 12/20/2009 3:14:03 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm not sure what a delux recoil pad is but it sounds nice

I used to use a plain jane grenade recoil pad on my SLR105 and in addition to obviously eliminating recoil, it gave a nice tuck in the shoulder pocket and prevented any kind of slippage. They are very comfortable to shoot with.

Z
Link Posted: 12/21/2009 8:56:51 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I'm not sure what a delux recoil pad is but it sounds nice

I used to use a plain jane grenade recoil pad on my SLR105 and in addition to obviously eliminating recoil, it gave a nice tuck in the shoulder pocket and prevented any kind of slippage. They are very comfortable to shoot with.

http://zenphotos.net/file/Online/SVD/SLR105A1/SLR105_Konus_Vltor_01.JPG

Z

The pad you have is the one I am talking about.
Link Posted: 12/21/2009 8:59:39 AM EDT
[#10]
the FSE recoil pad on a rommy side folder is the best stock setup i have ever used.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top