Site Notices
Posted: 2/25/2006 12:42:39 PM EDT
Need some help here,  folks--

Arsenal SA M-7 Carbine, or

Armory USA SSR 85 C2

??????
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 12:48:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Both are good rifles and either will serve you well. The Arsenal M-7 is more popular and will have slight better resale value down the road. Me personally, I would get the SSR 85 C2.

Hootbro
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 4:09:00 PM EDT
[#2]
I have no experience with the Armory USA/Global rifles.

I DO own an original SLR95 made in Bulgaria , and a SA M7 carbine by Arsenal Inc.
Both are extremely well made , reliable in function, and just generally Kick Butt

If I could own ONLY ONE AK , it would be the SA M-7
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 4:15:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Arsenal SA M-7 Carbine
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 4:38:15 PM EDT
[#4]
I have both and if I had to sell one or the other, I would keep my SA M-7 Carbine.  With that said, the SSR-85C-2 is an extremely rugged rifle.  My two are built like tanks.  I like the configuration, because it's not only rugged, but it's basically a Type III clone.  The only real exception is that it has a 1.6mm stamped receiver vs. a milled type.

One advantage of the Arsenal, besides the milled receiver, which I prefer, is that it sports a bayonet lug.  The Armory USA SSR-85C-2 does not.  

The SSR is less expensive.  

It all comes down to what does it for you.  You won't be unhappy with either one.  Excellent choices.

One other thought: Since the SSR-85C-2's receiver is stamped, there are more items with which to choose, as far as customizing your rifle.

Bud
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 4:47:48 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Arsenal SA M-7 Carbine

+1
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 5:06:20 PM EDT
[#6]
I had a SSR-85 and it shot over 2 feet to the left at 100 yards.  With the front sight drifted all the way to the left, it would just about shoot to point of aim at 100 yards.  I sent it back and the manufacturer still did not correct the problem.  I sold it  and will not buy from them again.  I also have an Arsenal AK in 5.45 and it is a great rifle.  I would buy from them again.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 7:26:56 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I had a SSR-85 and it shot over 2 feet to the left at 100 yards.  With the front sight drifted all the way to the left, it would just about shoot to point of aim at 100 yards.  I sent it back and the manufacturer still did not correct the problem.  I sold it  and will not buy from them again.  I also have an Arsenal AK in 5.45 and it is a great rifle.  I would buy from them again.

Nothing a cheap recrown wouldn't fix. Or was the gas piston really loose?
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 8:23:39 AM EDT
[#8]
Thanks for the help, folks.  I'll digest it over the next several days.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top