Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Yugoslavian & Serbian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 10/7/2005 1:58:45 PM EDT
The clerk had never seen a 'disembodied' receiver before and tried to give it to me without doing any paperwork. I had to insist on filling out a form 4473. I don't think he was completely convinced of the need to do a NICS check until his boss walked in and confirmed my view. Go figure! Without further delay, here are a few photographs of my Model NDS-4 Yugoslavian pattern underfolder AK receiver:

I included the U.S. quarter for size reference.

Galland
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 2:10:43 PM EDT
[#1]
I hope mine look that nice when they arrive!
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 2:49:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Does he make these without the bulged front trunnion? Like for my M92 krink?
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 4:12:32 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Does he make these without the bulged front trunnion? Like for my M92 krink?

Not yet. Right now they're working on RPK receivers and trying to figure out exactly which features to use on a standard receiver if they decide to produce one.

Galland
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 4:24:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Wow, that is beautiful.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 10:17:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Beautiful, simply beautiful.
I can't wait to order mine.
Does anyone want to donate to my receiver fund?
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 10:45:56 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm just about done building my Yugo uf with Harlans receiver. I have to say, (as a novice builder) its the nicest receiver I've built on yet with the others being Global and Ewbanks. The trunion holes in front were perfect and pretty close in the rear with just a bit of filing. The action works perfect right off the get go with no tweaking or filing on the rails or ejector. Very pleased. Hopefully DCI will be coming out with a 1mm receiver.  
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 5:33:56 AM EDT
[#7]
What about heat treating???
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 6:53:36 AM EDT
[#8]
'theBUBBMANcan':

The DC Industries M70 receivers are totally heat treated to a hardness level in the Rc40 range.

The blue color shade you see in the thread images is from the heat treat process.

Harlan
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 5:40:42 PM EDT
[#9]
Harlan,

Got my receivers yesterday. They look awesonme!

I haven't fitted any parts to them yet, but so far I'm happy.

Thanks

Link Posted: 10/10/2005 3:35:33 PM EDT
[#10]
My order will be in soon (talked to the FFL today). What was the word on the blued recievers? (Is that the blued reciever or will it need to be finished.) Looks very nice.
Page AK-47 » Yugoslavian & Serbian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top