Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 4/4/2006 10:33:02 AM EDT
I ordered this video to give to a friend who is into AKs.  Red Soldier had the best price I could find ($25).  Unfortunately the DVD came lose from it's case during shipping and it was scratched when it was allowed to move around inside.
Red Soldier took care of it no problems and sent out a replacement which I think is great customer service.  If you're looking for this DVD (and I guess some of the AK guys might be) I recommend this vendor based on my one transaction with them.

linkeroo
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 11:27:04 AM EDT
[#1]
have you watched the whole video?  I've been contemplating sending payment for one.  How long is it?
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 11:31:44 AM EDT
[#2]
Review of please?  Whats on the DVD?  How long?
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 11:33:12 AM EDT
[#3]
Well, the replacement hasn't arrived but I have a tracking number for it and it's on the way.

If you guys don't mind giving me a couple days I can post a review on here as soon as I watch it.

Link Posted: 4/4/2006 11:41:44 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Well, the replacement hasn't arrived but I have a tracking number for it and it's on the way.

If you guys don't mind giving me a couple days I can post a review on here as soon as I watch it.

Greatly appreciated.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 11:43:29 AM EDT
[#5]
taggage.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 12:19:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Review would be greatly appreciated.  Not much out there in print or video on Ak training.  Tactical Response has a Fighting Rifle DVD coming soon that will have AR15 and AK47 featured.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 1:34:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 2:06:24 PM EDT
[#8]
Looks very of good to me. Waiting for review.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 7:44:20 PM EDT
[#9]
THIS VIDEO IS A MUST HAVE FOR ALL KALASHNIKOV OWNERS OR ANYONE WHO MAY HAVE TO USE ONE!!!

The video covers everything from disasembly to hand to hand use of the weapon.  You would not belive the many uses of this rifle in hand to hand combat.  Sonny clearly explains how its many non rounded edges become effective CQB weapons.  Sonny covers movement and positioning, proper handleing, and ambidextrious use of the weapon.  There is plenty of material in this video that we westerners would never have considered as far as use of a firearm is concerned.  Buy with confidence.

BTW, the trailer absolutely does it no justice.  Its even better than you think.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 1:00:29 PM EDT
[#10]
I bought it a few weeks ago. Its worth every penny. Buy it!
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 5:05:32 PM EDT
[#11]
I Just got it and loved it.  I am previous military and am a certifed LE Patrol rifle and tac handgun instructor and There things on here I hadn't though of.  Good buy if you ask me.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 7:17:20 PM EDT
[#12]
1hr 10min.  
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 7:23:38 PM EDT
[#13]
Just ordered it a few hours ago.  Can't wait to watch it'
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 9:10:29 PM EDT
[#14]
Thanks for the link, I've been looking for this.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 9:34:18 PM EDT
[#15]
looking forward to one of you giving a detailed review.  

from what i saw on the clip, it looks like they cover field stripping the rifle.  does it show anything new in that area?  also saw some good footwork with the rifle on the clip.

then there is the hand to hand stuff.  i train bjj and spar full force at the end of each class.  i can tell you fancy flashy moves do not work unless they are practiced over and over and over and over.  even then, in the moment, you'll forget something and mess up.  the simpler the move, the more likely you'll be able to do it in a real fight.  so, how flashy are the moves on this video?

what is the % breakdown in the video?  50% field strip, 25% movement, 25% hand to hand?
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 11:08:12 PM EDT
[#16]
Breakdown: 5% historical background and modifications, 10% field strip, 30% movement , 20% deployment for combat, such as weapon handleing and deployment tips, 30% hand to hand, 5% extra features like uses for the bayonet, use of rounds as a hand to hand weapon, and clever uses of slings.  

The field strip contains nothing more than the basic anatomy and field striping procedures for the weapon as well as attachment of bayonets and grenade launchers.

The movement section stresses that movement should be relaxed and natural and free of unnecessary tension,  aiming with the body vs. aiming with the weapon in order to reduce tension in the body.  Transition from various shooting positions is discussed as well as multiple ways of getting into such positions.  Yes you can go prone from standing without diving forward.  Dealing with recoil while moving and maintaing a calm but detached attitude in order to mitigate stress of combat.

Deployment for combat includes carry positions for the weapon.  High ready is the perfered method for immediate engagement as gravity can be used naturaly to place the weapon on target.  Low ready requires the weapon to be brought up in line with the target, thus requireing adjustment of position by the shooter which delays fireing.  Proper ambidextrous handleing of the weapon is discussed as well as maintaining a fireing grip on the weapon while operating the safety or charging handle from underneath with the support hand.  This is done in case of the need to immediately deploy the weapon after chambering a round.  Carry of the weapon in a relaxed fashion to reduce tension is explained.  Transition from relaxed carry to deploying the weapon, a method called "Skidevanye" or throwing off is discussed.  Deployment of the weapon from a slung carry is discussed.  Reaction to stimulus drills are demonstrated.  All drills are layered with additional tasks such as mag changes and charging.  To reduce your signature in prone the weapon can be turned sideways and the charging handle can be used as a rudementary aiming device.

The hand to hand section is very comprehensive and contains instructions pertaining to all makes of the AK.  The drills are not complex or flashy as you might think, but are rather simple and quick.  Again, the idea is relaxed and natural movement.  The idea is that if you can move you can survive.  Deployment of the AK in hand to hand Vs. an armed, unarmed, or another adversary with an AK are discussed.  Use of the AK to restrain a person as a human sheild is discussed.  Methods of disarming an adversary with an AK while unarmed or armed only with a knife are discussed.   Use of leverage, hooking, prying, and striking manuvers are used.  Hard contact points and pain compliance drills are preformed.  Multiple adversary situations are demonstrated.

Additional considerations include the use of the bayonet as a wire cutter and interrogation pain compliance device are discussed.  Use of rounds of both calibers in hand to hand is shown.  To take out a sentry one can approach from behind with a round held in hand like a cigarette.  The round is inserted into the sentrys ear for inital shock, while the other hand blocks the mouth and as the sentry is pulled backwards and rolled, the two hands positioned on the head snap the sentrys neck.  Also uses of the sling as a support for the rifle while supported by a tree is shown.  

Finally some Russian Torture tests of the AK are included for viewer interest.  

NOW STOP ASKING!!! YOU HAVE YOUR DETAILED REVIEW.  THE GUY KNOWS HIS SUBJECT.  NOW JUST GO BUY IT ALREADY!!!!
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 9:15:10 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

then there is the hand to hand stuff.  i train bjj and spar full force at the end of each class.  i can tell you fancy flashy moves do not work unless they are practiced over and over and over and over.  even then, in the moment, you'll forget something and mess up.  the simpler the move, the more likely you'll be able to do it in a real fight.  so, how flashy are the moves on this video?

That is kinda what I thought, I train MMA or UFC style of fighting, in which we do a ton of hard sparring.

I saw the systema stuff on the website and became instantly skeptical of  anything this guy was selling.

Most systema I have seen is not very realistic or practical.  If you dont believe me check out some of their videos on their websites.:

www.russianmartialart.com/main.php?page=clips
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top