Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 3/22/2006 5:37:19 PM EDT
So, I got a suprise today.  My DCI NDS-9 Receiver arrived.  Just two weeks after I sent in the order for a custom serial # even.  Harlen e-mailed me when he shipped it.  

First impressions.  This receiver is top quality.  I thought it would be comming "in the white", but it was already blued.  A nice blue job too.  All the holes/bends are nice and clean.  It is marked "S,F" for the selector level, a drawback if you want orginal markings, but I can live with it.

The trunions slid in nice and tight, with little effort.  The front trunion holes are aligned perfectly.The rails sit perfect.  My bolt carrier & bolt assembly moved back and forth easily without grinding on anything or getting hung up.  Hopefully this will stay the same once everything is riveted in place.

The rear side trunion holes are aligned as well.

The botom trunion whole is a different story.  It is slightly miss alighned, but nothing a dremal tool can't fix to open it up just a little for the rivet to fit.

The trigger gaurd holes match up perfect as well.  I don't have a picture for that.  I inserted a magazine while the front trunion was in.  It sat nice and tight with no wobble.  Should latch up nice with the triggerguard.

The marking is on the bottom front of the trunion.  You won't notice it unless you look for it.  

Overall, if you want a 100% receiver ready to build your M72 kit, you really can't go wrong with this receiver.  It is very well made, and other than one hole being miss aligned it is excellent in all other aspects.  I am totally satisfied with the receiver as well as DCI customer service with the quick turnaround time even with the custom serial #.  Hopefully, this weekend or next week I will get some time to rivet it togeather and I will post an update.

Link Posted: 3/22/2006 6:20:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Just so you know.

That receiver is bare steel with the blue color left over from heat treating it.

I have had both and if you had ever seen the real blued version you would make no mistake. They are deep, shiny and beautiful. You almost do not want to touch them.

Anyway so put some oil or a finish on it when you are done. you are going to have a very nice RPK.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 7:07:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Thats a new one on me.  I could have sworn that thing was blued.  Anyway, I think I am going to have the rifle re-blued.  I really don't want to parkerize or gunkote a Yugo.  I like the dark deep blue finish.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 7:28:39 PM EDT
[#3]
'jaybob' is correct. The receiver pictured in this thread has not been finished; it is in the white. The bluish shade is from the heat treat process.

Thanks.
Harlan
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 8:19:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks Harlan for making a great receiver.  I can't wait to put it togeather.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 3:58:46 AM EDT
[#5]
nice reciever!  y is there an extra budge at the front?
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 7:14:26 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
nice reciever!  y is there an extra budge at the front?

For the yugo trunnion.  It is wider than the standard AKM trunnion.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top