Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 8/24/2003 4:56:47 PM EDT
I was out at another groundhog hunt tday and tried to get my PO sighted in after having no luck last time.

It was so far off I was shooting at abouy 10 yards just to stay on the paper.

Anyway, after a couple of adjustments, I looked down to see the knob for the horizontal adjustment had fallen out.  The screw in the center had broken the head off. I was able to get the screw out far enough so that I could take it out if I wanted to, but I am having a bad time with this thing.

Has anyone had a similar problem?

Would taking the screw all the way out to replace it cause interal damage (release the gas inside?)

So far this thing has been a $200 lemon. The knobs dont seam to adjust much if any, and no matter what rifle I put it on, I can not get it within yards of the target.

Anyone have some in-depth knowlege of this piece?

Also, on a side note, I would avoid Igman soft point ammo for hunting anything large, but that is a different topic.
Link Posted: 8/25/2003 4:27:47 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/25/2003 4:45:07 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/25/2003 5:39:22 AM EDT
[#3]
K-Var, Tantal does not carry them.

I might see RS39 this week.  I might give it to him to play with if he has the spare time.

Other wise I will try to send it back, but I am not sure what they will do.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top