Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 6/2/2003 1:40:36 PM EDT
Local shop has one with a non folding synthetic folding stock.  Finish is worn, but not too bad.  Has original wood handguard and lug.  What do you think?  Is 80 a decent buy?  Yugos are only a little more, and I wouldn't have to buy an original stock.  I already have a Russian and a Chinese paratrooper.
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 8:02:54 PM EDT
[#1]
At that price it is a must buy.  I sold one of those in same configuration for $200 to a dealer on a trade.  Also orginal wood can be found cheaply to restore it.  This is one of those gift deals that does not come by too often.
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 8:19:39 PM EDT
[#2]
I would snatch it up quick, even If I did not want it. Resale it for a profit and buy something else.
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 8:24:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Q:Chinese SKS for $80 do I buy it?

A: HELL YES!
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 2:07:46 PM EDT
[#4]
I'd buy that in a heartbeat.  Thats a killer deal.
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 12:50:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Well, I bought it.  I don't need it, I didn't really want it, but you guys talked me into it. I knew better than to ask this question here!

Good news is the rifle's finish is about 95%!  Much better than I first thought.  The action looks like it hasn't been fired much at all.  The crummy looking stock and all the dirt did not do it any good.  The muzzle and lug are the only places were there is any wear on the bluing.  I slapped it into my draganov stock and added my burlap covered scope and mount ala fake sniper look for now.  

I put the Russian back into original form, as I have wanted to do, but liked my fake sniper so well I had held off.  Now it is original and not all freaked up.  

I don't know if I'll sell the Norinco or not, but for now I'll hang on to it....I think.  I might put it in the paper and try to make some money on it.  
Link Posted: 6/8/2003 10:38:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Ok, Ok..I'll give you $5 buck more than you paid for it to get it off your hands.
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 10:16:19 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Ok, Ok..I'll give you $5 buck more than you paid for it to get it off your hands.

Wow! Thanks for such a generous offer!  I feel so much better now. j/k

I'll try to take it out this week and see if it is accurate at all.  I'm really happy to have my Russian back in its original form.  That has been knawing at me for a while.  I have had it in so many configuations for so long, it just feels clean to have it back the way it was intended.  Not that I don't appreciate my fake sniper configuation that the Chinese is now in.  It looks pretty good.
Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top