Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Ammunition
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 2/16/2006 4:52:07 PM EDT
Hey guys,

I got 2000 rounds of ammo on order for my SKS, and plan on putting 1/2 of it on stripper clips right away and was thinking about using the .223 bandoliers for storing the full clips and putting into ammo cans.  I know someone (or several someone) have had to do this already.

So, which ones work best? The 4, 5, or 7 pocket bandoliers? Can you generally only get 2 clips per pocket or can you get 3 inthere?  I know with .223 on clips you can get 3 in a 4 pocket bandolier without the cardboard.

Thanks,

No Expert
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 6:09:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Tag, I have to go watch Declassified Viet Cong.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 6:19:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 6:25:24 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Since the AK/SKS stripper clips are a lot longer than the AR stripper clips, this may be more difficult then you think. I would think the 4 pocket style would be better because you could always pull the string and use the full pocket length.

See, that's exactly the kind of info I was talking about. I hadn't thought about the extra length vs .223, which could preclude going in the bandoliers.  What about the M14 bandoliers instead?  I;ve seen them around but never looked at them as far as types/differences.

Thanks.

No Expert
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 4:48:06 PM EDT
[#4]
usgi 20 round mag pouches work great.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 4:58:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Go to local surplus store and scrounge. I found a Chinese AK vest that holds like a zillion SKS stripper clips for cheap. A lot of canvas pouchs, vests, etc...can be used for lots of things get creative.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 7:15:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 4:31:35 AM EDT
[#7]
The ten pocket Chinese vest works best, but the seven pocket bandolier and the four pocket bandolier will work too, if you aren't using them for quick reloads. Also the East German grenade pouch will hold nine loaded strippers.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 8:02:56 AM EDT
[#8]
Personal preference is for the cheapo stripper pouches that were everywhere for a buck.  Storing the clips vertically, I've had one or two rounds fall out the end of the clips.  Storing them horizontally I've never had that happen.
Page AK-47 » Ammunition
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top