User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 9/12/2002 3:41:28 PM EDT
Serial number 09345X
Link Posted: 9/12/2002 5:25:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Well, I'm not Campy, but that 93 in there is suspect. Any other details?

Not that these things can't be successfully faked, but threaded muzzle and integral cleaning rod with a guide under the gas chamber and under the front sight base are pre-ban qualities. Any markings that say MAK, NHM, or BWK would be dead givaways to post-ban status as well.Also the word sporter anywhere on the rec. would be a dead givaway as a post-ban.
Link Posted: 9/12/2002 5:30:37 PM EDT
[#2]
That's what I thought.  They seller is on-line and does not have photos, I asked for the serial and when I saw 093xxx I got suspicious.  I figure it was a post 89 import and the seller does not understand the fine points of assanine gun laws.
Link Posted: 9/12/2002 5:53:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/12/2002 6:11:37 PM EDT
[#4]
It very well could be either. I just checked my rifles and found  6, and 7 digit seial #'s. the only one beginning with 0 is a post ban 092xxxx (it's the 7 digit unit).

That's the bummer of on-line deals, sometimes even with a picture you just never know. I spend a fair amount of time on another board's Norinco and Poly_Tech forums and auction guns with minor inconsistancies show up all the time.

With post-bans, only a "purist" would bother with the cleaning rod set-up. At one time Xxxco was selling pre-ban Chinese AK stocks for $25--when MAK's were $200 retail. Needless to say, we know who was buying those stock sets up as the price slowly climbed to about $60.

Hope it's the real deal at a good price, good luck!!
Link Posted: 9/13/2002 4:46:49 AM EDT
[#5]
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top