Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 1/27/2011 1:33:02 PM EDT
Are the clear 30 & 40 rnd bulgarian mags  any good?
Link Posted: 1/28/2011 11:52:08 AM EDT
[#1]
CMON!!  ANyone?
Link Posted: 1/28/2011 12:43:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Clear mags have no metal in the feed lips and latch areas at the top of the mags,its also more brittle than most plastics.Im told black is the strongest plastic.i have a few of the 556 mags that are ok  but for heavy use or serious buisness get some thing else.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 8:29:21 AM EDT
[#3]
I've got two and they are fine. No feeding problems and they are pretty tough. I tossed around a fully loaded one, threw it on the ground, tossed it up in the air and let it land on gravel... I have heard that UV light will slowly break down the plastic on the clear ones though, so I keep mine in an ammo crate.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 8:55:52 AM EDT
[#4]
For us Yanks to shoot them at the range, they are just fine. However playing soldier in the sandbox, where an AK would get abused & dropped, I don't think so. No metal reinforcements etc. But just fine for target shooting.  GARY  N4KVE
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 7:08:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Purely range mags.  I bought some of both the bulgy and polish clear mags so that when I take newbs out to shoot, both them and I can see if they are loaded, and they help in demonstrating loading and magazine function.  For my one AK I have over 30 metal and synthetic military mags for SHTF and SD and four clears for the range.  My two clear bulgarian mags have been loaded for the past four months straight with no noticeable effect on the feed lips.  They seem somewhat sturdy but without reinforcement would break under any serious pressure.  Also the followers and springs would make decent backups for my Bulgarian waffles.  All that being said they are the last mags i would grab to defend myself other than any American made AK mags.  Luckily I got rid of all the American mags I tried.  My advice is get some only if you have enough "real" mags first.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 11:08:13 PM EDT
[#6]
I'd have to agree with pretty much what everyone else has said. I picked up two thirty rounders at a gun show out of pure novelty. For $10 each I couldn't resist.
Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top