Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Bulgarian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 8/30/2005 8:18:10 AM EDT
Finally had some time and ammo to head off to the range with my new AKS. I was already very pleasantly suprised over the superb fit and finish of this weapon. Cussed three time over all the factory grease I had to clean out first, but hey it's a factory new weapon right?

So with a bag of ammo and the sight adjustment tool, it's off to the range. First meeting with RO, that's some strange looking ammo you got there. What's that mini .223's? Guy never saw a 74 before so who can blame him.

Loaded 5 rounds into the magazine, lock and load. Wow, very smooth pull for a military rifle. No triggerslap whatsoever and reliable release point which was constant also (nice treat for an AK). First shot landed right into the 10 mark at 25 meters, the other four in a constant 9 and 10. Group size at25 meters was just a ragged hole. And no adjustments to the front sight where necessary. First gun ever I didn't have to make sight adjustments with.

The weapon feeds, shoots and extracts the barnaul 60 gr. ammo without a hiccup. All in all a great weapon.

Only criticism and that's just me being very spoiled with a RSA kit in my 7,62 AK would be the firing group. AK shootes without one keep on saying how smooth it is, but a RSA kit to replace the current FCG is one of the first things to purchase for this weapon. I think accuracy will improve even more after that, especiallly in combination with a 4x optic.

Don't know how well built the Arsenal USA weapons are, but Arsenal AK's are definitely one of the nicest factory built AK's at this moment. Finish was better that the .223 Saiga I shot the other day and the parts just seem to be moving smoother that it's Russian pacified counterpart.
9.5 out of 10.....
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 6:45:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 8:30:16 PM EDT
[#2]
There's only on magazine restriction.....how many can you fit in your house....

Nope no legal restrictions for capacity, only thing is you've got to have the weapon on your license. If so, you can basicly own everything but fullauto parts for the weapon.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 9:02:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 10:23:41 PM EDT
[#4]
It's the primary reason I started shooting alltogether....

Have to look up some pics and will post them here later, they're made during the matches shooting my FEG 7,62AK

Up till now the action shooting scene was reigned by the .223 jocks (AR15 and AUG) but one sees AK owners infiltrating the ranks and slowly starting to dominate the top 20. Ended 6th place two months ago amongst tricked out AR15's

56k warning,pics of your's truly on one of the action shoots(it's called dynamic service rifle over here)

Link Posted: 8/31/2005 5:53:33 PM EDT
[#5]
nice pics cant wait to get mine built.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 6:31:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 8:18:35 AM EDT
[#7]
Pics of the weapon are on page 26 of the AK picture thread in AK general discussion.
Page AK-47 » Bulgarian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top