Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 9/23/2004 7:58:34 PM EDT
OK, so I have built (actually, assembled) all four of my AR15s without a hitch and saved a bunch of cash doing so. Now I am thinking about getting my first AK... I'm thinking 7.62x39 with a folding stock (ideally AKMS w/underfolder or AMD65 for coolness factor).

My question is, should I buy my first one from one of the reputable US manufacturers (such as Vector), buy a cheapie $300 WASR or build my own using an 80% receiver and parts kit ? How difficult is the home build ? I have hand tools, a vice and low-end drill press.

I want this thing to work 100% and not blow up in my face. As it will be a beater/bullet hose, and not intended for serious work (competition or SHTF), I won't baby it and don't care how ugly it is. Accuracy is not important, so long as the bullets come out straight. I don't want to pay a penny more than necessary either.

Share your wisdom with an AK newbie.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 3:40:43 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 3:40:44 AM EDT
[#2]
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top