Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 1/13/2006 1:01:18 PM EDT
Does anyone know of or have milling blueprints for a ak-47?
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 8:10:30 PM EDT
[#1]
That would be cool to have because I have a milling machine. I also have a milled reciever.I might be able to reverse engineer it enough to get something.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 5:17:24 PM EDT
[#2]
how longwould that take?
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 8:58:55 PM EDT
[#3]
I would just need to sit down take the measurements then draw it up. The CAD program I am familiar with doesn't do CAM stuff. I would have the hardest time with that. I mostly use the milling machine for pc boards. The code is generated right in the program, so I haven't used it for anything else. Good time to start though.

So if I started right now and non stop, maybe a month or two before I get a working one. But I don't really have the money for all the aluminum and parts kits.

I already have a nice AK with a milled reciever so there is no rush on my part. I would do it for the fun of it.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 9:30:56 PM EDT
[#4]
tag for results.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 6:22:39 AM EDT
[#5]
Would be cool if there were prints.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 6:06:37 PM EDT
[#6]
So technically if i had the blueprints, i could go to a machone shop and have them make it for me?  As long as they are a type 2 manufacture right?
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 6:23:38 PM EDT
[#7]
So technically if i had the blueprints, i could go to a machone shop and have them make it for me?  As long as they are a type 2 manufacture right?
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top