Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 2/20/2006 7:30:25 PM EDT
So...my team mates and I are bullshiting with some polish PSD detail members and I notice one of them has a right sturdy, low profile looking folding stock on his AK.  So I point to the folder and tell him I like his choice of folder.  So as a kindly gesture (and totally unexpected) he downloads his AK to let me finger fuck it and low and behold I discover its a 5.56 AK, or later to find out a Beryl wz96.  I tell you what, this AK/Beryl is the cats ass; chambered in the mroe accurate and available NATO std round,  selector switch on the left side by the thumb, and a sturdy folder to boot.

With the short supply of 5.45X39 this will be on my list to buy...if I can find one.  
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 7:56:40 PM EDT
[#1]
lol
good luck. get one for me too...........
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 9:02:15 PM EDT
[#2]
I would love one, but I'm guessing the odds of that happening are pretty low.....very, very low
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 9:19:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Is it illegal to bring one back with you to the States?
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 10:44:03 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Its a machine gun so yeah.

The only way you could get anything like that here is if poland started cutting them up and shipping them here, and I doubt thats going to happen any time soon.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 12:26:59 AM EDT
[#5]
Are they stamped or milled?
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 1:10:10 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

lol good one. ya and bring me a iraq mig too!!!

they do have cameras where you do all this right??
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 5:10:44 AM EDT
[#7]
Looked just like the pic you posted, but without that optic and rail on top.  

I take all kinds of pictures, but it doesn't do any good since I can't post them due to OPSEC.    
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 5:13:30 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 9:54:40 AM EDT
[#9]
I want to make some of those Polski optics rails...........I need some good close up pics of the rear and front latching mechanisms!!! Actually the front looks pretty simple but mainly the rear latching set up.

Anyone????????????
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 10:14:44 AM EDT
[#10]
Get one, chop the receiver off of it. And ship it statestide.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 7:17:35 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Then do not pass go, do not collect $200, go straight to jail.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 7:40:15 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Then do not pass go, do not collect $200, go straight to jail.

Not all of it, strip the barrel and leave that too. You cant bring in a stock set, and barrel attachements? Could easily make a clone with those parts.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 2:51:22 AM EDT
[#13]
Um, where do you think you could get one? The guys that are issued them aren't going to just give you one and it's not something you would find in a buried refrigerator.

I'm pretty sure that NO WEAPON PARTS can be brought back anyway.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 6:22:05 AM EDT
[#14]
I was thinking more along the lines where I go on a different contract where the employer allows personal weapons and I pick one up at the mass arms show held in Arbil, Iraq every month.  Talk about a gunshow, you want hand grenades, you got it, you want RPK/PKM/RPG, you get it.  
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 7:15:11 AM EDT
[#15]
hey gargoyle, where you at in iraq right now...i too am in country...and arbil where is this; my next venture is to get ahold of a PKM...some grenades might be nice too...
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 4:35:25 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
I was thinking more along the lines where I go on a different contract where the employer allows personal weapons and I pick one up at the mass arms show held in Arbil, Iraq every month.  Talk about a gunshow, you want hand grenades, you got it, you want RPK/PKM/RPG, you get it.  

Dibs on a PKM and an RPG!!! Just get a Krinkov and put it in your friends ruck sack.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 12:40:19 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
hey gargoyle, where you at in iraq right now...i too am in country...and arbil where is this; my next venture is to get ahold of a PKM...some grenades might be nice too...

I'm in B-Dad dude, Arbil is up north.  
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 5:53:53 PM EDT
[#18]
cool...i'm at Buckmaster...i wanna go to Arbil, sounds like fun...got grids coord. or directions???
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 6:16:48 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
cool...i'm at Buckmaster...i wanna go to Arbil, sounds like fun...got grids coord. or directions???

What are you? A civilian?

Asking for grid coords, unit positions.............

Fucking joke right?????

or are you ARNG
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 7:32:28 PM EDT
[#20]
I just want the scope rail.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 11:55:24 PM EDT
[#21]
first off 762 maybe you could be a little less of dick about things when you guestion somebody....second, i wasn't asking coord. to his position or his units...i was asking where Arbil was and how to get there; maybe i misread something...but i wasn't looking for any info about units cause quite frankly i could careless where they are...if Arbil is a camp, so be it; my mistake...
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 9:54:09 AM EDT
[#22]
The dude just wants directions to the Gun Show that's all!

By the way Gargoyle, keep your head down and come back in one piece!!!
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 10:15:02 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
I'm pretty sure that NO WEAPON PARTS can be brought back anyway.

that's interesting.  I guess I'll have to go tell the handguards (with arabic carvings) and bayonets that are at my house they have to go back.

if you PURCHASE items at the bazaar, you're fine.  you just can't TAKE parts off a gun you find lying around.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 12:32:59 PM EDT
[#24]
I have material in shipment to me right now and I am proceeding with the "Beryl optics rail" project. BUT.........I need some pics of the rear latching system used on that rail.................ANYONE????  

Actually a bunch of pics of the whole rail, front, back, middle, side, rear, et al, would be just great!!!!! Anyone over THERE maybe??? Maybe please???
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 2:55:32 PM EDT
[#25]
Let me see if I can dig up some Beryl pics that I downloaded a few months ago...

The rear of the rail is actually fastened with the top outer stock screw.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 3:13:27 PM EDT
[#26]
Just looked through my pictures and I don't have it, unfortunately. The closest I have is this:

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top