Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 7/25/2005 1:05:33 PM EDT
has anybody ever seen a bench loader for AK mags? Magula makes a few [bench loaders] but nothing for AK's. Is the LULA our only choice?

I've seen the EasyLoader for AK mags, but as far as I understand, they don’t work for plastic/waffle mags. Can anybody confirm or deny this?

Basically, I'm trying to find the fastest, easiest way to load AK magazines.
Link Posted: 7/25/2005 4:16:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/25/2005 5:41:12 PM EDT
[#2]
cool thanks, yeah thats very much like the EasyLoader. but if I'm not mistaken, they dont work on the waffle mags...which kinda sucks.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 1:23:35 PM EDT
[#3]
SPORTSMAN GUIDE has a loader that works like the C-Mag loader. you can either use stripper clips, or drop them down loosely and plunge them in. for 14 bucks, I'm going to order one.

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/cb/cb.asp?a=208646
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 6:32:24 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
SPORTSMAN GUIDE has a loader that works like the C-Mag loader. you can either use stripper clips, or drop them down loosely and plunge them in. for 14 bucks, I'm going to order one.

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/cb/cb.asp?a=208646

looks pretty good. I ordered one as well. I'll update after I give it a couple runs.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 7:22:09 AM EDT
[#5]
[Rant]

Sportsman Guide is SO slow. I placed my order on the 1st. and its still not here. Mags I ordered from CDNN came days ago, and I ordered them a day AFTER the mag loader.

Sigh. I hope this isnt indicitive of the service I should expect from Sportsman Guide.

[/Rant]
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 8:15:37 AM EDT
[#6]
Hello AtlAK,

maglula Ltd Israel does not yet make BenchLoaders for AK mags. as there is not much demand.

We only make them for 5.56

Our Ak LULA loader/unloader will do the job very well as it both loads and unloads and is small and durable.

Thank you,

Guy Tal
maglula Ltd., Israel
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 9:45:35 AM EDT
[#7]
UPDATE:

Well after apparently getting lost in transit, Sportsman Guide rushed me out a new one and I received it yesterday.

The loader looks to be very well made. Nice, think, hardy polymer construction. Functions just like its advertised; you just slip it over the mag, fill it up with loose (or stripper-clipped) rounds, and plunge. You can fill up mags as fast as you can fill the loader.

The silly thing didn’t come with instructions though, and even though its operation might seem straight forward there is one critical thing that must be known......you must already have at last one round in the magazine for it to work. So you have to pop one in by hand first, and then use the loader. I (and my tile floor) learned that lesson the hard way.....I was pushing like a monkey wondering why it was require so much pressure and suddenly  the magazine goes flying and 30 rounds fall and scatter on the floor. All of that drama because I didn’t know I had to have one round already in the mag.

Anyway, to connect the mag to the loader all you have to do in insert the mag in the same rocking fashion as you do when you engage a mag into any ak.

So all in all, the loader works great. It’s inexpensive, fast, and makes the coolest sound when you plunge 30 rounds.

Oh and just so you know, I only have steel mags (bulgie and chinese). I don’t know if it will work on polymer waffle mags or not. I can’t imagine why not, but I don’t know.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 6:14:14 PM EDT
[#8]
MORE.........I just picked up a polymer, waffle style magazine today sent to me by Robinson Armament for my VEPR K. There are no markings on it so I don’t know its country of origin.....but the loader I described above DOES work with this magazine. It leads me to believe it would work with other polymer magazines. Check it out.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 8:37:11 PM EDT
[#9]
Got the loader  from SG today. Works well with stripper clips. Just drop one in and push the handle. I didn't have to put a cartridge in before loading more cartridges. Even has a magnet to extract the clip when you pull up the handle.. It's harder without the strippers since the cartridges want to fall  nose down. This is a big improvement on the Chinese mag loader.
Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top