Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 3/22/2006 12:17:44 PM EDT
It is the Norinco side folder style.  Bakelite furniture, 7.62x39 comes with 4 mags and a softcase.  Good condition.

It is the b-west made gun and i have read about heat treating issues, do they all have the problem or just some?  Can it be fixed?
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 12:22:44 PM EDT
[#1]
I'd buy it.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 12:33:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Buy it............

Gary
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 12:49:55 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
It is the Norinco side folder style.  Bakelite furniture, 7.62x39 comes with 4 mags and a softcase.  Good condition.

It is the b-west made gun and i have read about heat treating issues, do they all have the problem or just some?  Can it be fixed?

If it is a bwest made receiver, I'd pass.

I
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 2:04:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Well either way, it's a preban. The furniture alone is worth a couple hundred. You can always heat-treat it yourself.

Go for it.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 5:27:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Buy It!  It's Chinese, Heat Treated and it's Preban!  Buy It!
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 6:32:51 PM EDT
[#6]
from AK47.net:

"B-West - American made, B-West imported AKs as well as manufactured AKs from parts kits. Their imported AKs are perfectly made as are Norinco or other Chinese arsenal weapons. Their receivers are the ones to avoid. They didn't heat treat the guide rails in the receiver, causing dramatic deformation after as little as 2000 rounds. Be sure you're looking at a B-West import and not B-West manufactured gun before you buy."

wat dat means is if B-west imported it, its fine.  if B-west made the receiver, then NO.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 7:28:57 PM EDT
[#7]
I would really inspect it before buying with the B-West receiver.  I usually say pass but that is when prices are above this.  If the pin holes are not elongated you can heat treat them and the ejector.  I would worry some about the rivets through to the trunnion but there may not be any concern in that area.  

It would depend on the receiver being in good shape to heat treat and what the value of the bakelite furniture if you had to part the rifle out.  If the furniture is worth $250.00 (I have no idea) and the receiver is not damaged I would say go for it if you don't mind trying to heat treat the needed areas.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 4:38:13 AM EDT
[#8]
I have a standard B-West that I bought new in the 90's.  I have never shot it, as I tend to shoot my other firearms.  Is this a decent gun?  What would it be worth in the standard furniture?  I don't have anything in 7.62X39, but have considered letting it go.

email:  [email protected]Guess I should have read to the end of your information listings.  I am unsure which one this is.  I THINK it is the B-West receiver that was built in Arizona.  Where can I get this fixed, or should I just send it on it's way.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 6:43:43 AM EDT
[#9]
If it has any markings saying "Imported by XXXXXXXXXXXX" then it's an imported gun and preban. If not, I guess its a US receiver and needs heat treating, but still a preban and worth a premium to those behind enemy lines.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top