Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 2/11/2012 6:19:37 PM EDT
Would like to hear some reviews from folks who have used one of these. Please share your experience, likes, dislikes, and pictures. Thanks!

ETA: Here's the link for those of you who are unfamiliar: Attero Mount
Link Posted: 2/11/2012 9:28:18 PM EDT
[#1]
First I have heard of. Interesting and great price point.
Link Posted: 2/11/2012 10:59:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Hmm... I saw these before but forgot about them. I may get one of these to try. I have the Midwest Industries Micro Dot Mount on my SBR currently but this seems simpler and potentially more rugged, albeit at the sacrifice of the windage adjustable rear sight.

MI MDM on my AK:

This Attero mount, with it's one-piece design and 1 (?) large set screw, would appear to be more solid than the MI mount I have, which uses a 2-piece design and a total of 4 set screws.

Link Posted: 2/12/2012 5:27:49 AM EDT
[#3]
Good to see that you guys stopped with the hideous hand stamping of your company name on the side. Much cleaner.
Link Posted: 2/12/2012 5:52:45 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Good to see that you guys stopped with the hideous hand stamping of your company name on the side. Much cleaner.

Maybe that's why I didn't buy one to begin with?
Link Posted: 2/12/2012 6:21:46 AM EDT
[#5]
anyone have a field of view "down the sight" picture of this? i don like no rear irons but i like the setup.
Link Posted: 2/12/2012 6:29:18 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
anyone have a field of view "down the sight" picture of this? i don like no rear irons but i like the setup.

This has Irons.  Look closer at the pic above.
Link Posted: 2/12/2012 7:18:05 AM EDT
[#7]
I've never paid much attention to any of these systems, but the 4 piece one above that adjusts for windage looks like a win to me, assuming it's sturdy. I guess the new one that's 1 piece would work if you're building just a close range CQB type rifle. I use my AKS-74U for CQB, but it's good out to 300 easily also. I may jump on one to test against the Ultimak thumb burner I have.

ETA: not a bad price on their SBR Dracos either!

Link Posted: 2/12/2012 7:54:56 AM EDT
[#8]
OK gotcha. i saw "2 dot" option, didnt see them. GREAT idea. i will look into this then  :)
Link Posted: 2/12/2012 8:46:21 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I've never paid much attention to any of these systems, but the 4 piece one above that adjusts for windage looks like a win to me, assuming it's sturdy. I guess the new one that's 1 piece would work if you're building just a close range CQB type rifle. I use my AKS-74U for CQB, but it's good out to 300 easily also. I may jump on one to test against the Ultimak thumb burner I have.

ETA: not a bad price on their SBR Dracos either!

My idea was to have a CQB sight on my SLR-106CR permanently (more or less), but would still allow me to mount my PO 3.5x21P on the side rail when I wanted to shoot 100+ yards. Also notice that the use of Attero or MI mount would allow me to mount the sight low enough so it would not interfere with the sight picture through the PO.

Link Posted: 2/13/2012 2:42:11 PM EDT
[#10]
I just ordered one, I'll post a review when it arrives.
Link Posted: 2/13/2012 10:25:22 PM EDT
[#11]
Read this thread to decide if you want to support Attero Arms in the future...

http://www.thehighroad.org/archive/index.php/t-605481.html

I'm not saying that doing so would be either a good thing or bad, I might buy a mount from them someday myself, but I am thinking that it's fair that all information should be shared about the business practices of the owners.

-urban
Link Posted: 2/14/2012 6:05:10 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I just ordered one, I'll post a review when it arrives.

Taggeroo for review!
Link Posted: 2/14/2012 10:44:46 AM EDT
[#13]
Since Attero Arms got caught astroturfing their products (pretending to be a customer giving glowing reviews), I refuse to give any of their products the light of day.

MI makes the same type of mount.  Send your money to a company that doesn't deceive and lie to its customer base.
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 8:03:36 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Since Attero Arms got caught astroturfing their products (pretending to be a customer giving glowing reviews), I refuse to give any of their products the light of day.

MI makes the same type of mount.  Send your money to a company that doesn't deceive and lie to its customer base.

I thought it was a rogue employee, attero found out and owned up to it. Either way, I'm sure it has happened with other companies that you still buy from so that's a bit of a ridiculous reason not to buy a great product.

I received the mount last week and installed it on my interarms ak47. It's a very simple install and everything fit great. The only issue I had was the shorter screw was a tad too tall. I contacted attero arms and they were extreme helpful. They suggested a washer or if I wasn't comfortable with that, they'd make a new screw for me. I found a washer for .02 at home depot and everything works great.
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 10:13:46 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I thought it was a rogue employee, attero found out and owned up to it. Either way, I'm sure it has happened with other companies that you still buy from so that's a bit of a ridiculous reason not to buy a great product.

Sure it happens with many companies, but not in such a shameless and condescending manner as Attero Arms' employee "Nate" who after being found out as a shill attacked and tried to discredit those who unmasked him.

When a dog shits on your carpet, do you reward him with a treat or do you discipline him?

Attero Arms will never get my money.  I will not reward bad behavior.
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 11:43:44 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sure it happens with many companies, but not in such a shameless and condescending manner as Attero Arms' employee "Nate" who after being found out as a shill attacked and tried to discredit those who unmasked him.

When a dog shits on your carpet, do you reward him with a treat or do you discipline him?

Attero Arms will never get my money.  I will not reward bad behavior.

If the dog shits on the carpet, it's my fault for not training him better. Sure Nate messed up but everything I've seen from Attero Arms was they disciplined the employee and apologized. But I can understand your disappointment with them.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top