Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 8/22/2004 12:18:45 PM EDT
anyone have one? IM thinking this is going to be my Sept 13 gun.

If it doesn't ship with a folder (not fixed) how hard is it going to be to remedy that? Id aslo like to thread the barrel and put on a slant brake

I live the Arsenal AKs triggers feel like one of the best next to RSA

www.arsenalinc.com/sasm7.html

Link Posted: 8/22/2004 12:39:45 PM EDT
[#1]
The slant brake is no biggie , any smith could do that.

I believe however ,that it would require Major modifications to turn that
model into a functioning folder.

Arsenal could make a folder after AWB , don't know if they will or not.
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 12:43:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 12:44:23 PM EDT
[#3]
could I just buy the appropriate size die and thread teh barrel myself? there are no competant gunsmiths around here other than  Gander moutain and Fin And Feather. both have like a 6 week wait and turnaround.
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 2:25:07 PM EDT
[#4]
You can by a threading kit.  It's probably cheaper to send it to ORF or AK-usa or Krebs.
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 3:09:17 PM EDT
[#5]
BE CAREFUL!!!!  I have been told that the Arsenal SAM-7 rifle with the fixed underfolder is more for cosmetic purposes than anything.  I don't think you will be able to just "un-pin" it, like the ones Atlantic Firearms is offering.  (The Polish ones built on an Ohio Ordnance receiver)
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 3:20:08 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
BE CAREFUL!!!!  I have been told that the Arsenal SAM-7 rifle with the fixed underfolder is more for cosmetic purposes than anything.  I don't think you will be able to just "un-pin" it, like the ones Atlantic Firearms is offering.  (The Polish ones built on an Ohio Ordnance receiver)

really? Ill have to call them and squeeze more info out of em about their rifles, their website isn't the most informitive
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 7:22:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 7:56:45 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Nope, there is a lot more to it than just unpinning, there is a major block of steel in there that prevents you from folding.

Arsenal will be able to reactivate the stock, it was actually designed so that they could do that fairly easily.  While it's there, have them thread the muzzle.  

Then it's under warranty and you've got the original company doing the work for you.

Good luck, they are beautiful rifles!

thats my plan My local gunshop will be open midnight sept 12 having a sale in the weee morning of the 13 And I want him to order me this with a folder and slant brake
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 4:03:31 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 7:47:42 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Dead, it doesn't work like that I'm afraid.  They have already built all the SAS-M7's that they will.  100 of the plastic SAS's and 200 of the SAS-M7 Classics were built, that's it.

All the ones built are already in the supply pipeline..., which means you'd still have to send it back to get all gussied up to proper configuration.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad tidings....

bah your right I gave them a call and they said more or less the same thing

WTF? why make such a great rifle in such a short run? I have a feeling the price is going to reflect this super special unobtanium rifle. he said it can be converted back to a real folder but didnt really tell me how.  oh well looks like the SAS M-7 is out of the picture now mabe a SAM 7 carbine

ETA: HOLLY SHIT $895.95 fot the SAS M-7 deffinatly out the window $532.95 for the SAM-7 carbine I can swing that
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 6:04:56 PM EDT
[#11]
Get the M7 carbine! Just got mine tonight! -had  to wait for my new license and a bill to arrive:(
You won't be disapointed.

Mark
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 11:36:55 AM EDT
[#12]
SAMs are the Bulgarian imports right not the US made recievers and barrels? The Bulgarian imports are less expensive and have Steyr Barrels
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 3:16:43 PM EDT
[#13]
I would check with Arsenal on threading the barrel. I had an Arsenal SA-M7 Carbine and the front portion of the barrel was tapered considerably as compared to the rest of the barrel. In speaking with Chris at AK-USA, he said it may be tricky and possibly require welding.

Brian
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 6:50:44 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 8:07:15 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
NO, the SA-M series (5 and 7) are the US made receivers with Bulgarian parts (hammer forged barrels and all).

cool thanks im easily confused
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 5:28:13 AM EDT
[#16]
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top