Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 3/6/2006 3:39:35 PM EDT
How hard is it to install a scope rail on a milled Arsenal SAM-5? Who would your recommend to do it and what rail to buy? Thanks.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 3:25:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Assuming you are a builder...

Remove one rivit, buy a mount from KVAR, drill two aditional rivet holes (after measuring)... rivet.  Mine took me about 2 hours - with coffee breaks.

If you are not a builder?  Have someone like Chris at AK103.com do the job for you.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 4:20:31 PM EDT
[#2]
let a pro do it,..on the stamped reciver guns it is evactly as above,.. and pretty easy,...milled guns dont have that rear rivet to give you a starting point.

ohio rapid fire ,... the fire line,.. or even call Arsenal and see if they will do it.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 7:45:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Contact Tantal before sending your rifle off to an idiot, he has a scope rail specific for milled guns that is a do it yourselfer. I installed one on a milled Bulgarian some time back and it is really easy. It comes with a template, then you simply drill two small pilot holes but line them up afterward you drill the larger holes and secure the rail on by two screws with some locktight. It looks factory to say the least and works perfectly. It took me about an hour but I also touched up my holes with cold blue and really made sure the rail was aligned with the barrel and the template using some bubble levels for the final adjustment before drilling.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 2:48:17 PM EDT
[#4]
"Contact Tantal before sending your rifle off to an idiot"

Ditto for a milled... these install with two screws.  I have two milled SLRs that use these.

Measure, have a beer (JUST ONE) - remeasure, do it again, then DRILL.  You will be scared shitless.  But it will come out perfectly :)
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Top Top