Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 2/18/2006 7:00:07 PM EDT
Not that I am holding my breath, but I thought they were supposed to ship next week.

SRM
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 8:35:51 PM EDT
[#1]
I think they may of all been cancelled. I have no idea but thats what i'm getting from SG.

LINK
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 8:15:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Last email I got from them said they'd ship the 28th.  Maybe if I bitch loud enough, they'll give me a coupon too

SRM
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 10:27:06 AM EDT
[#3]
Well it looks like I'll just have to live with the 30 I got from the first shipment.  Here is the email I have sent and replys I got back.  I will add dates later when i have more time.

Lesson learned, when you see a deal this good buy till it hurts.

My first email to SG:

Item: 92951-000-000
Description: USED AK-47 MAG 10PK

I have been told that people are being allowed to increase their order from the 2 (10)pack max to 4 (10)packs.  Please increase my order if this is possible.

Thank you.

SG reply:

Dear CousinIT50,

Thank you for the E-mail.

In checking into this further, it appears that this item is sold out with all of the vendors we have tried to get it from.  With that being said, I have cancelled your order.  You were not charged for this.  Please accept the coupon below along with our apologies for any inconvenience.

My second email to SG:

I have spoken to several people from your company about a problem with my order being cancelled and have not received a proper answer yet.  I have been told that the item I want is discontinued and is no longer available for purchase.  I know it is no longer available, that's why me and many others were waiting on the back-order list.  I have also been told that all back-orders have been cancelled and have found that out to be untrue.  

My last email I sent was to see about adding more to my order because people I know have been able to incerese their orders to 4 of the (10)packs.  The response I got was that you were sold out and my order had been cancelled.  If all of the backorders were cancelled there would be alot more people speaking up about missing out on this great deal, but I have seen none but myself. I believe that a mistake has been made and I would like this to be corrected.  I would like to get my orignal order of 2 (10)packs 92951-000-000 at minimal.

Thank you for your Time.

SG reply:

Dear CousinIT50 ,

Thank you for your e-mail. I checked into this further and found that the people with back orders for this item, have all had their orders canceled as of 2/17. Our vender notified us that he was unable to supply us with more. We also tried to find them through other venders but were unable to get any. Sorry that we were unable to supply these for you. A notice was sent to inform you of this along with a coupon.

Any further questions please feel free to contact us again.  Thanks for shopping The Guide.  

Enjoy the Outdoors,
Customer Service
Linda Marie
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 3:23:12 PM EDT
[#4]
I haven't heard anything yet. If they cancelled an order, I'm pretty sure that they would have at least sent out an email telling of such and I have heard nothing.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 3:27:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Same here. No cancelation notice. I called mine in early January and was told to expect them to begin shipping the 28th. Nada mas
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 3:33:22 PM EDT
[#6]
H'm interesting that they DO have AK mags that they are selling for $10 each........
Guess those aren't THE mags that we ordered.  Makes you wonder if they just decided not to sell them so cheap after they restocked.  What really pisses me off is when they send you a freakin coupon that ANYONE CAN PULL UP ON THE INTERNET IN ABOUT 2 SECONDS and act like that's supposed to make it all better......  If you don't have the product YOU TAKE IT OFF YOUR WEBSITE  and then when/if you get more you put it back on the website.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 6:56:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Almost like a bait and switch ploy.  I checked my email from them and it said they would ship the 28th.  I'll call March 1st and see if I can get them to honor their sale.

SRM
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 7:46:18 PM EDT
[#8]
I have it pegged like this. All those $10 mags they are currently selling are the same ones we got in the first batch. They are selling out of that pile and culling the crappy ones in another big pile which we will get. When they have enough to fill some orders with the crap mags, they will do so and the orders they don't have enough to fill will simply be cancelled due to no supply.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 11:34:27 AM EDT
[#9]
I haven't received a cancellation notice either.  
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 11:52:23 AM EDT
[#10]
Called them yesterday regarding my 2000 rounds of Wolf that they are bogarting till the end of March, and she confirmed that my mags will ship on the 28th.  I only ordered them like a couple weeks ago over the phone, so I am happy.  Don't know what I will do with 14 AK47 mags with only 40 rounds of ammo left.  Guess each mag gets about 3 rounds.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 12:17:03 PM EDT
[#11]
Good to hear.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 2:59:00 PM EDT
[#12]
I would rely like to know how SG picked me to get my order cancled.  I ordered months ago.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 5:02:00 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I would rely like to know how SG picked me to get my order cancled.  I ordered months ago.

How many did you order the first time?

SRM
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 5:56:06 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

How many did you order the first time?

SRM

The very first time they offered them I ordered 40.  30 for me and 10 for my brother.  The second shippment they set a 2 (10) pack limit and I ordered those 2.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 10:23:39 PM EDT
[#15]
Thats weird, I only ordered 10 mags.  
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 9:56:24 AM EDT
[#16]
I sent them an email on the 22nd I think and they replied that mine are still scheduled to ship tomorrow the 28th. I hope they were right!! I only orded 20 mags total though.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 1:01:19 PM EDT
[#17]
I got ten of them last year when the offer first showed up.  All were rusted, some had to have the followers tapped out with a hammer.   It was a lot of work with a dremil tool, sand paper and steel wool before they could be used.  There were three that couldn't be used at all.  The mag body had warped when the upper cap was welded which prevented the follower from coming all the way to the top.  I worked at them with a dremil grinder for a while then gave up as it just wasn't worth the labor involved.  This kind of showed me that these mags were never in service and were probably factory rejects.  Seven mags for $22. still made me happy though.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 8:17:33 PM EDT
[#18]
I called them today about my 40 mags and they set the date back till april 18th 06 that is the proposed shipping date this time and mine were surposed to ship today as well but they keep putting the date back a few months better call and see if you are still on back order with them light a fire cracker under there ass
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 5:41:03 AM EDT
[#19]
I called yesterday as well and the guy on the phone told me that ther were still scheduled to ship that day but was not seeing any in the inventory. He told me that they could be sitting in one of the crates on the dock as they had just had a truck come in. They said they would keep me posted. I have not been able to check my email today so I will have to check it later and see if they sent me anything....
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 6:34:51 AM EDT
[#20]
Since the date has come and passed, we should start getting emails telling either that the date has been pushed back, your order shipped, or we're sorry your order is cancelled. At least now we might here something. Keep in mind too that it might take a few days for them to ship out. I think the 2/28 was the day they were supposed to arrive at SG. It will take a little time to get the orders packed and out the door for most of us. That is if they have them.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 8:25:39 AM EDT
[#21]
If you guys don't mind.  When/if you get your orders, please post or IM me your order numbers.  I need some actual facts and numbers so I can call them on their lies about all orders being cancelled.

Thanks
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 8:57:17 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
If you guys don't mind.  When/if you get your orders, please post or IM me your order numbers.  I need some actual facts and numbers so I can call them on their lies about all orders being cancelled.

Thanks

Would be glad to. As soon as I hear anything I will post.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 5:26:40 PM EDT
[#23]
According to the email I just got, April 28th is the new date.  If they ever arrive, I'll happily pay $3 a mag for them.

SRM
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 10:14:27 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
According to the email I just got, April 28th is the new date.  If they ever arrive, I'll happily pay $3 a mag for them.

SRM

There ya go, I figure that with shipping I paid $4. each for mine.  Still a great deal.  Ya pays your money and ya takes your chances.  

After cleaning and Krylon flat black.

The three of the ten that were unusable all had the same problem.  The follower was prevented from coming fully up by a bulge on the inside, behind where the cap was tacked on.  Tried pressing it back into place with a pair of vice grips then attempted to grind it away, but it was just too much work for a $4. mag.

Good luck folks!
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 7:54:24 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
I have it pegged like this. All those $10 mags they are currently selling are the same ones we got in the first batch. They are selling out of that pile and culling the crappy ones in another big pile which we will get. When they have enough to fill some orders with the crap mags, they will do so and the orders they don't have enough to fill will simply be cancelled due to no supply.

I think so.
I just got 10 mags for $90, and they look like the pictures
that I saw posted months ago. (the first batch)
SG said the mags that I ordered were new to like new,
but they were good to very good.

Link Posted: 3/2/2006 10:31:12 AM EDT
[#26]
To add to my previous post, SG is selling Romy mags at $15. I saw the ad the other day but can't find it now. Exact same mags as are in the mag deal. Also, I did get my "continue BO?" email today. Sure, I can wait.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 6:04:34 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 6:51:20 PM EDT
[#28]
What's up with the quantity and amount totals on that email?
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 7:01:14 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 1:49:15 PM EDT
[#30]
SG just called me in regard to my complaint with the BBB and someone messed up my order by accident and they are correcting it now.  

This gives me faith in the BBB and a big +1 to them
and a little +1 to SG for getting back to me in 7 days from my BBB complaint.

Link Posted: 3/8/2006 4:02:19 PM EDT
[#31]
I don't know why people don't use the BBB more.  Its free and it always leads to at least some kind of resolution.  Even if you have to take it a step further to court, at least you don't look sue happy because you tried to resolve it through them.
Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top