Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 11/27/2003 6:58:47 AM EDT
I have a Romanian -74 project that has been on hold for a few months waiting on Romanian military front sight blocks (the threaded to accept brake style) to become available again.

I'm becoming impatient and I see that Bulgarian blocks are available.  If I buy a Bulgarian FSB and brake, will the dimensions measure correctly to fit my rifle?

I don't care about building a clone of a real Romananian military AK, I just want a good -74.  My only preference is that the brake be the type that screws onto the FSB, not one of  the various cobbled together crap type brakes you see at gun shows.  

I'm open to other suggestions as well.
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 7:46:02 AM EDT
[#1]
Campy answered this for me a while ago.

While I can't recall the exact dimensions, IIRC the Bulgarian I.D. is a little larger than the Romnian.
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 7:47:01 AM EDT
[#2]
The thread rates are different, 22mm Romy and 24mm Bulgy, and the Bulgy bbl is a wee bit thicker. As best I know, only the 22mm thread is allowed to be unsecured/brake removable, and Jason at IGF makes adaptors but not brakes yet. Chris at ak103 makes 24mm adaptors and brakes. Both sources are US parts (adaptor and brake count as one) for your count, but only the original commie milspec are chrome lined as far as I know.
I spent $50.50 on a set from Chris for my SAR1 last year. Happy so far.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top